Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freshly fitted with new rubber and with a coat of collinite and P21 to keep em shiny.

Not the best pics in the world but you get the idea.

All comments welcome - if its of any help i'm about 80% loving them, 20% unsure. Do they suit the car?

Before, this and much much worse.

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
They very bling at the moment! Nice and shiny! [H]

I like them personally. Bit different, never seen them on a bora. Look much better refurbished!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bugger me they where in a state!!!

Personally I love em and think they suit the car really well.

J.
Tell me about it, i'm sure i have some other pics of how bad they were somewhere.

The guy that did them-(Steve Cull in Swansea, top top bloke and great
service, get in touch if you want his details) said they were the
worst he'd ever done [:D] but they cost me ?100 off ebay, with tyres
and he charged ?180 to refurb them to that standard.

I was stunned when he sent me a text with the pic of them.

Bling is definately the word - whether i'll get any ho's to pimp or not is another thing [:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Rich, never been convinced of these on mk4 golfs, however they fit your Bora very nicely mate, very nicely indeed [y] [H]

C

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
worth keeping his number since most people can't refinish comps properly - most seem to end up diamond turning them!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've got the same wheels on my Bug. I love them. Only thing i don't like is that they are very heavy, which isn't ideal for handling. I've not weighed them though, but I can feel a clear difference between the comps and the stock 16" alloys I use for winter.

I've seen these wheels on all kinds of VAG mobiles now, and they nearly always look great. Im amazed they were never copied like the RS4 and A8 wheels etc. An 18 or 19" version would look amazing.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
They look great now, just keep them polished though [:p] I told sonny
to keep his but he went for the oettinger ones for some reason.

Sat

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
the TTs looked far better on sonnys imo...

those on the bora look good, bit small, and a fair bit of rubber....but they look good.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Just out of curiosity what profile are your tyres blue v5 and what make
are they as they look like they have a big side wall unlike when sonny
had his.

Thanks Sat

·
Registered
165 Posts
Tyre profile 'should' be 45, assuming 225 for width.

Also, I changed my centre caps for black and silver VW ones. Part number is 1J0 601 171 BXF, if anyone is interested..

·
Registered
813 Posts
Rich, never been convinced of these on mk4 golfs, however they fit your Bora very nicely mate, very nicely indeed [y] [H]

C
Ahh come on CkB....there almost OEM++ thats a good thing!!

Posted Image

BlueV5 I am soooo Jealous mate they look excellent. I need to stop looking at yours as my credit card will wander to trhe refurbers!!>......

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guys [:)]

Seems a hit though!

The tyres are 225/45's but the Michelins look like the sidewall is
really fat due to the way it curves over. I thought the same about how
much more sidewall there is now when i was posting the pics. The
conti's on there before suited them better i think.

Eastman, at ?180 for the lot i don't think your card will mind too much!!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts

C
Ahh come on CkB....there almost OEM++ thats a good thing!!
LOL sorry mate don't take it personally - it's just personal preference. I'm not sure EXACTLY what it is, but the bulk of solid alloy and the slight curvature on the spokes (well, wedges [;)]) just doesn't tickle my fancy on a golf... Nothing wrong wiht it though!! Esp if you like it [y] [:D]

C

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I really think that TT's look great on both the golf and bora, i really
like this pic of sonnys car this is the only reason why i think sonny
should of kept them as they are suttle but still different and look a
treat.

Posted Image

Sat

·
Registered
813 Posts

LOL sorry mate don't take it personally - it's just personal preference. I'm not sure EXACTLY what it is, but the bulk of solid alloy and the slight curvature on the spokes (well, wedges [;)]) just doesn't tickle my fancy on a golf... Nothing wrong wiht it though!! Esp if you like it [y] [:D]

C
Nah no worries - not taken personally. I think I know what you meant about the spoke design.

I personally think the alloys work alot better on Mk3 golfs. The first time I saw these on a Golf were on a Mk3 which looked mint. Having said that I dont think they work that well on Mk2's!! Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
WOW!!!!

What an improvement!! They look so good mate!! I need to get my wheels refurbished, did you reseach into people to do them or did you just go with who you found?

More to the point how did the interior lamps go?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts