Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i every1 i bought my r32 seats a few weeks ago and the cheque? just went through. the photos i took were stright after unpacking and they still have bits of stuff on them and the creases from the packaging need to be streched out i will try and fit them at the weekend,
any tips on fiting or pictures of fitted would be much appreciated.?
and if any1 has a good tip for leather treatment would also be nice.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all comments welcome but if bad i will have to KILL you hehe only joking?
I WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY TOO
:D
lex

·
Registered
720 Posts
Very nice lex, will look really good once they are fitted. If you don't fancy fitting them, could always give them to me and I'll put them in my car [:D]

·
Registered
535 Posts
hey mate

Nice one

Got my R32 seats a while back now they are great.

Fitting is a piece of piss, the only problem i had was that the wirring harness on the bottom were different, so what i did was to take the harness off my gti seats because that fitted to the car. And then just re wirred them.

They are the most fitting seats EVER.

They are a dream to drive in mate

That makes two 17 year olds with a set of r32 leathers then eh. [:p]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Have you any idea on the mileage of the car they came out of? I only ask because they look like they haven't suffered from the baggy seat bum mark too badly!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which wire/plug is the airbag plug? i am not going to wire up the heated element yet too much hassel
lex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was from v-dubs limited in kent, they were breaking an r32.
im not sure on the mileage but they look much better in person but as soon as my big ass gets into the seat they will be even more shagged.

lex

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
yeah i thought they looked a little shagged too.

They look like they have done a few miles..
I actually said they didn't look too bad. Everyone I know of that has leather R32 seats has suffered from saggy leather, but those don't look as bad as my drivers seat or most of the others I've seen!

·
Registered
924 Posts
hello mate the seats look fab!

from a different post i see you are needing a airbag for the steering wheel try this place mate in derby

www.vwsalvages.co.uk or call them on 01332 371 819 last time i was there they had about 5 of them in perfect condition between ?30-?50

huge saving from the dealers ?500+ last time i'd ask them.

will

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have been rubbing them no stop and some of the creases were just pressed in from contact in packaging so it look alot beter now
have you got a picture of you drivers seat because i would like to see them once i have had the for a while?

i dont believe its that bad

lex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello mate the seats look fab!

from a different post i see you are needing a airbag for the steering wheel try this place mate in derby

www.vwsalvages.co.uk or call them on 01332 371 819 last time i was there they had about 5 of them in perfect condition between ?30-?50

huge saving from the dealers ?500+ last time i'd ask them.

?will
cheers fella if i could get 1 for that much i would kiss you.
cheers will
lex

·
Registered
924 Posts
no problem mate, i need to get one aswell as i have damaged my centre badge!

glad to help a fellow dubber out...by the way they will post it to you anywhere in the uk.

by the way if you dont mind me asking, how much where the seats?

will

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
toooo much
?1500 with the doorcards steering wheel and the seats oh and the gear knob

lex
but hopefully i could sell them for the same if i needed to

·
Registered
924 Posts
ner you have to appreciate how nice they are, once you seat in them you will ever get out lol

you best get a good alarm incase someone wants to nick the seats instead of the car.

read it somewhere,where i R32 got broke into, and the thing they taken were the seats etc and nothing else!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
which alarm would you advise and waht price am i looking at?
i have been hearing that its a good idea if i get it delocked.
lex

1 - 20 of 81 Posts