Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh from the bodyshop my ride now wears a genuine R32 front bumper. To keep the clean smooth lines the washer jet holes were plastic welded and filled and I gave the numper plate plinth a miss. I considered side skirts but in my book less is more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still undecided what to do with the rear end but no doubt something will happen in the not too distant future. Possibly have it smoothed.

Big up the thanks to Mike from OEM Parts for supplying the bumper and the open off-side grille so my SMIC can breath.

Thanks also to Chris and Colin from BSR Southport for the excellent job of painting and fitting.

I'm loving it.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
looks nice as always Steve [y] one of the cleanest and most tasteful cars on here IMO

you selling the Anniversary valance now? [:D]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love your car!! Looked good with the anni front now looks even better..

Agree about the rear, think a smoothed bumper would look perfect[H]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Looks good steve... though I am a fan of less is more and I dont like skirts I think your may suite some subtle Anniversary ones Oh and definetly a smooth back bumper I think they r32 looks odd having no bump strip when the back has one... or how about an R-ine rear bumber with the single cut out

as seen here
Posted Image

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thats the tits mate! Hopefully mine will be like that soon [:D] I am planning on getting an r32 rear and plastic welding the exhaust holes, which I think will ok. The r-line bumper is also very nice, so I am considering that as well. Definately don't just smooth it, the front will look completely out of place, although smoothing the anni valance into it and removing the bump strip could look pretty nice.

Oli

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your comments guys. I must admit that when I first saw the R bumper fitted I wondered if I'd made the right decision as it gives the front end a completely different ' face'. Now I lived with it for a couple of days I've got used to it and like it's meaty look.

Andymac. The rear R line bumper is an option I'll be considering, the back end does need to be balanced with the front.

zekegti. I think I'll be leaving the front bumper as it is for now.

Kris. Yes, they're BBS LM's

Pat / Dis00. Hadn't given any thought about selling either the bumper and or the anni valance, but if someone was to make me a decent offer ...[;)]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks superb... but it might just be my eyes or the angle of the photo but to me the bumper looks a very slightly different shade to the rest of the car?? [*-)]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's my daily ride. I think any difference in shade is down to the angle, in the flesh it's an exact match.

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Fresh from the bodyshop my ride now wears a genuine R32 front bumper. To keep the clean smooth lines the washer jet holes were plastic welded and filled and I gave the numper plate plinth a miss. I considered side skirts but in my book less is more.

Posted Image
It's a crying shame we can't run around with no front plate - that looks delicious!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lookin very nice mate.

Seen your motor round Southport when i've been out'n'about.

I've got the low, flame red 1.8t with 18"rs8's on and B16 SFD on it.

Tho's wheels look mint on it mate

1 - 20 of 23 Posts