Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made a couple of subtle changes, as well as having the Stage 2 from AMD. After a nice sunny day yesterday, I managed to spend some time cleaning her properly, comments please...

[:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Very nice that mate, and i've never seen an R in that colour before, but think it suits it well, it gives it a subtle stealthiness! [:D]

How does the stage 2 feel, how different is it?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[:D][:D][:D]

Exhaust tone has just dropped since I had it done, sounds great (not as boomy as the stock exhaust) performance is much better, alot more pokier and responsive, and obviously that little bit faster [:D]

A must for any R owner in my opinion!

[8D]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Looking good Klauster! That was my second choice of colour for the R - looks fantastic!

What subtle changes have you made apart from the rear aero wiper then?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Golfgirl on 11/04/2005 16:21:01

Looking good Klauster! That was my second choice of colour for the R - looks fantastic!

What subtle changes have you made apart from the rear aero wiper then?

Admittedly not that much (not that much needs modding in my opinion), Aero Wiper, US Spec Rear clusters, new R mats [:I], New Rubber mats to protect the new R mats [:I][:I], obviously the Stage 2, only other thing im thinking is gear shift related, as I find right now its alittle hit and miss...

Any advice? What little mods have you done to yours Golfgirl??

[8D]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Thats absolutely gorgeous Klauster, and I'm very very jealous!!

LOVE the colour, best one IMO (I may be biased) and looks fantastic on an R.

Did you know theres only 31 R's in that colour - very rare motor you got there [:D]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very nice - i could almost defect to VW for one of these puppies :)

Looking forward to seing one in the metal at the next worcester meet. If the new Golf GTi doesn't come out with a Haldex petrol turbo with some serious tunability then its a competition between R32 and Cupra R for my new motor. Probelm is, when i'm looking at the R32 i like that better, and when i'm looking at a LCR i'm in love with that *the mind wanders* Could i afford both... No. Life can be so cruel :(

A fine fine car you should be very proud of!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Quote: posted by klauster on 12/04/2005 09:35:01

Any advice? What little mods have you done to yours Golfgirl??

[8D]

Not much really - AMD Stage 2, sunglasses holder and rear aero wiper. That's about it, thinking of getting a stubby aerial though!

I put rubber mats over the R ones to protect them like you too, and just take them out for shows. The R mats look brand new!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts