1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just thought i would ask what you all think

well havent done any serious mods and

i wouldn't have done any if it wasn't for you lot

only sunglass holder ,R32 Pedals , stubby aerial , crome bonnet lifter , for starters

But now set of 19's already fitted them

get my carboni induction kits in next week

then milltek cat back

and then off to custom code [;)]

But whats next after that any sugestions

and No not a super charger 7500 fitted i think not lol

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
yours car in a serious need of lowering Jason. Personally i would put it before the engine mods so you have inproved handling with the extra bhp

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
nope, mine was boring old black...
thats very odd! i did notice on a few sites such as Vw speed etc selling brushed ali bonnet struts and i thought why when the mk4 allready has them! obviously they dont. i must of been lucky!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zeke i was going to lower it , but i thought it was low enough , may consider it , but only thing i thought was that it wouldnt improve handling much as it handles pretty good ie on the orginal set up , i no other mkivs tend to roll a bit but mine dont [:D]

kev , damian , ckb what do u think does it handle ok ?????

i supose i could chuck on a set of ebich springs , will have a think

mike tdi nope i only had the black plastic ones , but i only paid 12 quid i think from edition 38 of one [:)]

as for posche brakes , erm maybe not , as i think its sort of copying what others have done , must admit it would look good ,

but look better ok kev's RS Golf

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
zeke i was going to lower it , kev , damian , ckb what do u think does it handle ok ?????
I think it handles well - thats those alloys for you..but I would definately get rid of some of the daylight under the arches - no need to be " in da weeds " but get it down a bit and it would look great [:D]

Then do something with the brakes - you were mentioning ( understandably[;)] ) brake fade on Sunday..better to be safe etc...

What gain are custom code gonna give you ?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You could always PX your leather Recaros with my cloth ones [:p]. Would add abit of colour to your interior [:$]
lmao nah i prefer the nice smart look of leather [;)] but if i did decide to change i bet i could find some one lol it wouldnt take long would it lol

damian yer true , possible a brake upgrade , due to a slight fade on sunday , might have something to do with the roundabouts being so close as i dont norm have to slow down so quick due to sunday shoppers getting in the way of my vw lol already got vented , so may go to a groved,drilled disc

only thing with coil overs is there 750 supply , plus fitting , but how many times am i honestly going to adjust the ride height honestly

(god me thinks why did i join this forum its costing me money lol ) i remember its fun [;)][:p][;)]

·
Registered
965 Posts
nope, mine was boring old black...
thats very odd! i did notice on a few sites such as Vw speed etc selling brushed ali bonnet struts and i thought why when the mk4 allready has them! obviously they dont. i must of been lucky!
Mine were black too, until I got a hire car which was a newer model and John kindly did a swap!!! Think they come on 2001/ 2002 onwards [;)]

·
Registered
965 Posts
You could always PX your leather Recaros with my cloth ones [:p]. Would add abit of colour to your interior [:$]
lmao nah i prefer the nice smart look of leather [;)] but if i did decide to change i bet i could find some one lol it wouldnt take long would it lol

damian yer true , possible a brake upgrade , due to a slight fade on sunday , might have something to do with the roundabouts being so close as i dont norm have to slow down so quick due to sunday shoppers getting in the way of my vw lol already got vented , so may go to a groved,drilled disc

only thing with coil overs is there 750 supply , plus fitting , but how many times am i honestly going to adjust the ride height honestly

(god me thinks why did i join this forum its costing me money lol ) i remember its fun [;)][:p][;)]
Shame ya can't do it all while Sara is away eh Jason! [;)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Shame ya can't do it all while Sara is away eh Jason! [;)]
lol [;)] most of it will be thou [;)]

and then i just thought , when she finaly gets her golf il have to do it all over again lol

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Jason, would prob look good with a little taken off the gap, but don't go too OTT.

I didn't realise it was all still fairly stock, cos the ride on it was actually pretty good (as damian said!) - unless your driving was hiding something [;)]

But yeah I think damian's got it said! [Y]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Jason, would prob look good with a little taken off the gap, but don't go too OTT.
Oh come on guys are u serious. You just ain't dubbin' unless your rubbin' (quoted from someone else, but i loved it [:$])

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
*laughs*

Sorry zeke, you can drop away but if it the middle of the wheels are higher than the top of hte engine, it just doesn't do it for me so much... sorry dude [;)]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts