1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just thought i would ask what you all think

well havent done any serious mods and

i wouldn't have done any if it wasn't for you lot

only sunglass holder ,R32 Pedals , stubby aerial , crome bonnet lifter , for starters

But now set of 19's already fitted them

get my carboni induction kits in next week

then milltek cat back

and then off to custom code [;)]

But whats next after that any sugestions

and No not a super charger 7500 fitted i think not lol

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zeke i was going to lower it , but i thought it was low enough , may consider it , but only thing i thought was that it wouldnt improve handling much as it handles pretty good ie on the orginal set up , i no other mkivs tend to roll a bit but mine dont [:D]

kev , damian , ckb what do u think does it handle ok ?????

i supose i could chuck on a set of ebich springs , will have a think

mike tdi nope i only had the black plastic ones , but i only paid 12 quid i think from edition 38 of one [:)]

as for posche brakes , erm maybe not , as i think its sort of copying what others have done , must admit it would look good ,

but look better ok kev's RS Golf

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
zeke i was going to lower it , kev , damian , ckb what do u think does it handle ok ?????
I think it handles well - thats those alloys for you..but I would definately get rid of some of the daylight under the arches - no need to be " in da weeds " but get it down a bit and it would look great [:D]

Then do something with the brakes - you were mentioning ( understandably[;)] ) brake fade on Sunday..better to be safe etc...

What gain are custom code gonna give you ?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You could always PX your leather Recaros with my cloth ones [:p]. Would add abit of colour to your interior [:$]
lmao nah i prefer the nice smart look of leather [;)] but if i did decide to change i bet i could find some one lol it wouldnt take long would it lol

damian yer true , possible a brake upgrade , due to a slight fade on sunday , might have something to do with the roundabouts being so close as i dont norm have to slow down so quick due to sunday shoppers getting in the way of my vw lol already got vented , so may go to a groved,drilled disc

only thing with coil overs is there 750 supply , plus fitting , but how many times am i honestly going to adjust the ride height honestly

(god me thinks why did i join this forum its costing me money lol ) i remember its fun [;)][:p][;)]

·
Registered
965 Posts
nope, mine was boring old black...
thats very odd! i did notice on a few sites such as Vw speed etc selling brushed ali bonnet struts and i thought why when the mk4 allready has them! obviously they dont. i must of been lucky!
Mine were black too, until I got a hire car which was a newer model and John kindly did a swap!!! Think they come on 2001/ 2002 onwards [;)]

·
Registered
965 Posts
You could always PX your leather Recaros with my cloth ones [:p]. Would add abit of colour to your interior [:$]
lmao nah i prefer the nice smart look of leather [;)] but if i did decide to change i bet i could find some one lol it wouldnt take long would it lol

damian yer true , possible a brake upgrade , due to a slight fade on sunday , might have something to do with the roundabouts being so close as i dont norm have to slow down so quick due to sunday shoppers getting in the way of my vw lol already got vented , so may go to a groved,drilled disc

only thing with coil overs is there 750 supply , plus fitting , but how many times am i honestly going to adjust the ride height honestly

(god me thinks why did i join this forum its costing me money lol ) i remember its fun [;)][:p][;)]
Shame ya can't do it all while Sara is away eh Jason! [;)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Shame ya can't do it all while Sara is away eh Jason! [;)]
lol [;)] most of it will be thou [;)]

and then i just thought , when she finaly gets her golf il have to do it all over again lol

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Jason, would prob look good with a little taken off the gap, but don't go too OTT.

I didn't realise it was all still fairly stock, cos the ride on it was actually pretty good (as damian said!) - unless your driving was hiding something [;)]

But yeah I think damian's got it said! [Y]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts