Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the trim I put in myself, I call it the MK2 touch. You know that chrome strip that runs around the car. I love it.

It is silverstone grey. It looks really light in the sun and really dark in the night time light.

I do have front pics, but I have them at home and I am at work now, I will post them when I get home.

I also have a intake, removed the double din and put in the gauges with the pefect match LED's.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep, 19's with Toyo Proxies

My car is american, just like me. I shipped it from the states. I am going to have one of the only cars in the states that has been on the numburg ring. Plus, who else in the states can say that there car has actually SEEN europe. I love it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine is NOT 4 wheel. There is no such thing as 4 motion in the states. VW does not import 4 motions. It sucks! and there are NO v6, they are all called VR6 because they are all still the true vr6 (the 15 degree bank angle) . I wish we had the options over there as there is here in the UK. I also own the 130 horse TDi. it gets 50 MPG!!!! I would LOVE to have that over there. The only you can get is the stupid slow 100 horse and then even that is stopped being imported.

I hate the stupid laws and regs in the states.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are more for your viewing plesure!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was the rolling road day with the MKIVS last july

Posted Image

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its just that uve got it down as a 4motion so i was a bit confused!! So what about the R32s that get imported over there, arent they 4 wheel drive? Y cant u have the 130 tdi?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the tdi....yea it will not pass cali emissions so it is not worth it to VW's to import them. If you cannot pass a car in cali, then you loose allot of sales and no one can register the car in california. The V10 Tourag was only leagal and imported for 1 year.

The switch is my fog lights. American cars do not have euroswitches. Yea I got one now but I am waiting on the wiring kit. I would LOVE someone to get retro fitted heated seats.

The 4 motion listing is the closeset to my car that I could find.

Yes, we do have r32 and that is the only AWD VW imports. My bad.

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Very nice ride! My mate lives in Lakenheath lol. You might
have met him if you ever drink at the legion! Some nice motors
around that area I always enjoy spotting when I'm visiting my
mate. Car looks super, shame you can't get the 4mo in the
states.. but you CAN get the yellow anniversary edition! mmm.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Gorgeous pics, I LOVE that colour. Wish it had been an option over here

But are you crazy shipping a Golf from America?! How much did that cost
you, if you don't mind my asking? PM would be cool if you don't want to
post [:)]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea I would love to get my hands on a yellow 20th.  They are too nice.  There are some nice cars rolling around, but it is really annoying to see stupid civics all day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts