Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Simply explain that you are the one responsible for the standard of care home they end up in. If they don't ditch the Agila, its the creepy one with the busted windows and the smell of urine for them. Works on my parents...well, it used to, I guess I am not around enough now to enforce it. He changed his BMW 530i Sport for a Mercedes E320CDI Estate, and keeps going on about MPG...

[V]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well my old man has an MG TF that he drives around in in flying jacket and goggles! It has a horn that goes "AA woooo gaaaah!" too!

Nightmare when he comes round in it, the local kids call him "Mr Toad!" and chase him up the street!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did I mention it was Pineapple yellow? [V]

They are coming round tonight to show me it. Oh god.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A mate and I had the misfortune of getting one of those things as a hire car in Geneva. It was that pinky-colour too! Imagine 2 blokes turning up to a ski resort in that!

Get them to beep the horn - it sounds as funny as the car looks!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
was he a delivery driver at some point [?] and is now reminising [!].

My dad has a G reg Alfa Spider as a daily driver, and a Morgan that comes out at the weekend every so often. He's a crap driver, I havent been in a car with him driving for getting on for 10 years, I'll always find an excuse not to [!].

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Quote: posted by MOB on 03/03/2004 09:44:58

Did I mention it was Pineapple yellow? [V]

They are coming round tonight to show me it. Oh god.

Make sure they park it at the end of the road, well out of site around the corner[:D]

Is it built on the corsa chassis? what was the idea in getting one of those, it's so ugly.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They bought it without telling me - otherwise I could have pointed them towards a Yaros, Fabia etc

They also bought a 1.2ghz reconditioned laptop the same day - for £500 fecking quid [:(!]

Parents eh?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
ha ha ha that's a funny one alright - BTW speaking of funny horns, their car one can't be as bad as the Audi TT!!!? It's dreadful! Why it's not the standard LOUD Audi/VW horn I have NO idea.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's not built on Corsa chassis, it's actually a rebadged (and a few buttons etc) Suzuki Wagon-R (or W4nk-R as Quentin Wilson or J Clarkson suggested)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.