Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, never thought it would happen but tonight I got a real challenge on the bike in the form of a Porsche 911 Turbo [H]

Going from Aberdeen and heading north on the dual carraigeway, I was passed by the 911 while I was minding my own business having just left the Esso petrol station just north of the exhibition centre, and by the roundabout at B&Q at the entrance/exit to Aberdeen, I had passed a few cars to catch the Porker and we were lucky enough to have a clear stretch of straight dual carraigeway for approx 1 mile.

Exiting the roundabout, the Porsche was wound open and the R1 sailed past it in 2nd gear (did not make it down to first for maximum accelaration) and contimued its trouncing up to (honestly officer) approx *cough* 70mph *cough* at which point the Porsche was a dot in my mirror and a car seemed to be reversing toward me on the carraigeway. At this stage we both let off the gas. I pulled over in to the left lane at approx 60mph and the Porsche cruised past and we exchanged the thumb up to each other for the bit of fun just as he pulled off for Balmedie turn off on the right.

Fantastic [:D]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I did an E36 M3 with my ickle SV650 a few years ago

And murdered a tricked up Scooby with my Speed Triple last year

All on the straights though, I'm crap at corners [:$]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did an E36 M3 with my ickle SV650 a few years ago

And murdered a tricked up Scooby with my Speed Triple last year

All on the straights though, I'm crap at corners [:$]
Lol! I think it is funny seeing the look on some of these peoples faces who are probably used to murdering most other vehicles when you flick past them like they were parked [:D]

I recall a tricked up Evo 5 when I had the ZX6r. Corners were a problem as he did catch up a bit, but on the straights there was a fair bit in it even with only 108bhp.....

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah?

I'm still waiting for me old man to take me out in his 911 Turbo but he's away alot, heard others though and they do sound great. [:D]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ Simon - I have seen you driving mate and I now know why you chose German!

@Matteebiy - I doubt there is but it would be really something to see a car pull away from it in a straight line!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks like a mean machine for sure! I think it would have the edge on the R1 at the best of times. Its a shame there is no average fast car next to it for comparison!

It would be surreal seeing a car like that pull away from the bike, but I would love to see it happen then ask the driver for a shot of his.her beast [:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts