Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did'nt i moan and moan and moan and keep on moaning about 1.6 fuel economy, well check out todays picture. still getting diesel thou [:cool:]

Posted Image

·
Registered
6 Posts
iv got a golf  1.6 16v with exhause and air filter and im lucky to see around 28 taking it steady altho does do a nice 19mpg at 110!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iv got a golf 1.6 16v with exhause and air filter and im lucky to see around 28 taking it steady altho does do a nice 19mpg at 110!
thats terrible, i used to moan because i kept on averaging 36 etc, i realise now that was because i did 70 on the motorway, now i do 60 it ups your figures so much. and my journey time is at most a couple of mins longer

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
I normally get about 32/33, but i thought i would have a relaxing drive

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mine averages at 33.2mpg over a full tank!  Can get as high as 50mpg on the way to work taking it easy or as little as 24 mpg on the way home from work if it has been a stressful day!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine averages at 33.2mpg over a full tank! Can get as high as 50mpg on the way to work taking it easy or as little as 24 mpg on the way home from work if it has been a stressful day!
33.2 on a full tank! what, you must really blast your car then, you should be geting 50 easily

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nah, even taking it steady with crawling in traffic etc most I get out of a tank is around 46 average, that includes motorway commute to work (mfa shows 50-55) about 45 coming home and some long runs (58+) but in real terms once you've queued for a bit and given it some kosh on a weekend its down to low to mid 40s, still good for a car which will do 0-60 in just shy of 9seconds, and will outgun most things sensible with the mid range.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I normally get about 32/33, but i thought i would have a relaxing drive
its only really on the straights, corners and obviously going around town i go slow, but ive never been able to get about 32/33 as soon as i see a straight with not traffic, i dont go mad but can get it going pretty well.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Nah, even taking it steady with crawling in traffic etc most I get out of a tank is around 46 average, that includes motorway commute to work (mfa shows 50-55) about 45 coming home and some long runs (58+) but in real terms once you've queued for a bit and given it some kosh on a weekend its down to low to mid 40s, still good for a car which will do 0-60 in just shy of 9seconds, and will outgun most things sensible with the mid range.
I'm only achiving low to mid 40's in mine now did see 49 the other day though!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I reckon since I put all my mods on its 0-60 is around 7.5 seconds maybe les, but the mid range is excellent, over taking buses wagons & old people is easy!  I don't worry about my mpg.  I look at it that if it was a 200bhp petrol it would average 20mpg so I'm happy, just wish it was 4wd

·
Registered
14 Posts
41.1 in my MK3 GTI 8v over 150 miles last week. My foot was like a feather.

We'll see what the GT TDI 150 can do when i pick it up on saturday. Needless to say im excited.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Am I the only one driving like a granny? I had the Golf read over 70MPG on a journey covering 38 miles once.

Admittedly, I came down the motorway this evening and didnt get much change from 40MPG because I was "stretching her legs" since her new MAF was fitted! I seem to average 50MPG though!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nope i also drive like a granny, last night 60miles from no-rice i did average speed or 55-60 mph all the way. returning 45.1mpg   road did have a lot of inclines

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can't believe it! People driving like Miss Daisy and then boasting about it! What is the world coming to?!

Now behave yourselves and go back to trying to get you mpgs into single figures! [:p]

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
I can't believe it! People driving like Miss Daisy and then boasting about it! What is the world coming to?!

Now behave yourselves and go back to trying to get you mpgs into single figures! [:p]
I do try! Cant get the average that low though!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts