and a couple after the pre winter valet

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope you like them[:)]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Nice pics mate!

I raced this car at Crail recently and it performs quite well too. The pictures are a good indication of the condition in real life too. Very nice car and in great condition for its years.

Out of interest, did you get the exhaust straightened after bending it after all those starts the day we raced?!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Lovely motor mate, i've always loved the Mk2 Jetta and would still love to get myself a tidy GTI as a second car... [:D]

This may be a very silly question seen as you live in Scotland, but your car looks very familiar and i'm sure i've seen it around Northwich in Cheshire a few times, remember admiring it as it looks so clean and there can't be that many syncros about!

If it was'nt you, then ignore my rambling and i'll go and get some more sleep....! [;)][:D]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Car looks mint dude. You must be proud to drive around in such a special/rare car....Do you get many looks out of interest?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in answer to the three above questions then

car has a genuine 80,000 miles fsh

no i still have a wonky exhaust and have since added bust top mounts cracked windscreen and bust right rear door handle , but those will get sorted soon

and lastly i used to live inBarnton,Northwich so it very likely was my car

cheers for all the comments guys

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Definately was your syncro that i'd seen around Northwich then mate, i live in Winnington so i'm just round the corner from Barnton,

The Jetta still looks lovely, even if it has moved up North..... [;)][:D]

·
Registered
574 Posts
That is one NICE car, VERY CLEAN!!!

[bit of topic] I wos just wondering if they did a mk1 jetta, i maen one that looked like a mk1?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes they did do a mk1 jetta but they tend to be scarse if you want a good one , but no where as expencive as mk1 golfs, jetta's dont hold any value , ie my car is 1 of 115 uk cars and currently only holdin 365 quid on ebay i have yet to see one go for more that 500 and although i may appear bias my syncro is easily one of the better ones in the uk, yet the equvilant standard on a golf would fetch 1500 quid if not more

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yup, echo Beddie's comments, stunning condition, timeless model as is the Mk2 Golf which i would love as a second car [:)]

Think the wheels really suit it as well, good choice!

·
Registered
766 Posts
looking good Lloyd[8D][8D][8D],

seen this car in the metal and it is truely is a stuning car and a rare piece of kit[8D]

did u have fun doing 4wd drifts in the snow[:eek:)][:D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts