Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to getting my Sharan VW badge onto the car at the weekend. Took so long 'cos I wanted to colour code it.

Here are some before and afters, what do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I'm thinking about taking the other badges off- I'm away to do some photo-chopping!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by J111ASE on 01/02/2005 11:19:08

do it fit better than the passat badge?

Yes - fits flat and flush unlike the Passat one which is curved. I fitted mine at the w/e but haven't colour coded it so it doesn't look as good...!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by Felix on 02/02/2005 16:25:40

Is it me or is the new one little crooked??

Only joking![;)] Cracking little mod - (adding to the list)

Oi! You've got me paranoid now[B)]

Cheers for the comments guys, it's the type of mod I like- you notice a difference but don't really know what it is.

Part number is as Richard said, but mine was ?12.24 inc VAT, and someone else on here got it for about ?10!

I was lucky when I took my badge off cos the glue pad for the old one stayed on the car in one piece, and was exactly the same size as the new badge. As the glue on the new one had lost it's stick while it was being painted I just whacked it on the old glue and voila!

I'm 90% sure I'm going to take the other badges off now, but I do like people to know what it is. Mmmmmm...decisions, decisions.........

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah, Dazer asked about painting- its pretty straight forward.

There are 6 plastic heads on the rear of the badge which you need to break off with a screwdriver. The chrome bit just comes away leaving the plastic bit to be coded.

This is where I cheated- my mate has a racing car and therefor his own painting rig. He did it for me in about 10mins.

I have to say though, I think you would get a better finish using VW's own spray packs which come with the laquer for about ?12. If you take your time I think its pretty easy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks cool m8 just wondering what annd where did you get your wiper arm from been looking for one for ages is it a Audi A4 rear arm,was it a straight swop??[8D]

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's a Skoda Fabia one mate.

Goes straight on as long as you don't have a rear spoiler, in which case you might get some catching at the 12 o'clock position.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry mate, don't have an invoice as I got it second hand from Foxy.

There is only one for the Fabia hatch though- it has never changed throughout the Fabias life. Just go to the Skoda dealer and ask for a rear wiper for a Fabia hatch, you'll get the right one. It should be about ?12-15 as far as I can remember.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts