Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so finally got my wheels sorted out with 18" RS6!

Totally different looking car, taking it to the next level.

Let me no your thoughts on looks as i am having a hard time convincing some people!

Finally got the picture up!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
SWEET !

What does it feel like to drive, i noticed a lot of difference just going from 16" to 17" with 45 profile tyres.

Does look good though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do feel a bit different but not amazing difference.

I am running them on 225/40r18 and the main difference is road noise!!! Really noisey compared to the standard rims and tires, but thats down to having a hell of a lot more rubber on the road!

What tires are people running on their 18"s or 19"s?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is on FK coilovers which IFAIK are 45mm drop, but as time has passed i think its nearer 60mm or even more, its still tight but looks very low. They do rub and scuff every now and then but nothing too major.

I want to change the suspension, any recommendations?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks good mate,i have 19"RS6's on my Golf,and lowered about 50mm alround.

Took me a while to decide which wheels to go for,but i am pleased with my choice....................everyone that has seen my car say they look huge!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks great Embo i have the same colour golf n was seriously thinkin of these rims, your pic has convinced me where did you get yours from?

Also i have seen RS6 replicas with the outer section of each spoke (either side of the flat bit) painted black, any thoughts?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the extra pics embo those wheels look fantastic n ur car looks damn low, Did you do that rear exhaust cutout yourself or is it a different valance.

Will try n find a pic with the black spoke sections, saw them in an add in performance VW if that helps anyone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its the 4-mo rear valance.

I will have a look through the Perfomance VW collection and see if i can find them.

I thought that it looked extra low aswell but its not that low, only around 60mm lower than original.

How do i post extra pics, what are the sizes allowed to be?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Milltek Cat Back, with jet tail pipes. 200cell high flow cat. Sounds superb and is nice and quiet when you want it to be.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looking good, you are right, does look a different car.

Are you going to be selling the Coilovers then if looking to change ? how come ?

J

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
looking rather smart m8 [Y] i do like them wheels

i went from 17's with some 225/45/17 rubber to 19's with 235/35/19 , didnt seem to make much dif in road noise

1 - 20 of 21 Posts