Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

My new ride [:D]

4K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  burnsyV6 
I stand corrected. Those fronts are Recaros for sure! [:D] Well done on snagging a V6 with them!

Those of you with Recaros - in burnsyV6's photos, the rears look like normal seats - I thought the easiest way to tell if a car had Recaros by a casual look was the shape of the headrests. Recaros that I've seen before in Golfs have kinda 'tall' headrests, whereas the standard seats have the 'oblong' shaped ones?

Quote: posted by andymac on 13/08/2004 11:10:25

I have those same seats in only in black. The rear headrests are the same as the front ones only slightly taller, they are correct in the pics above

I have standard VW leather sport seats, and the photo above of the rear bench is identical to mine. The headrests are the same. The seats are the same. The recaros I've seen before have much 'taller' headrests. I'm just a bit confused, that's all. It's a fab car either way!

Woo. I've started something here, haven't I! After seeing the 2nd lot of photos I never questioned wether or not his seats were Recaros! My question is that I believe the rear bench to be *exactly* the same as non-Recaro leather rear seats. Is the Recaro upgrade really only the front two seats?? If it helps, I'll take some pics of my V6's rear seats and you'll see that they're identical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.