Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted my new Hella smoked rears this afternoon, much improvement over the stock ones I think.

Thanks go to Frisky's excellent guide http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/307889/ShowPost.aspx for how to do it - the blue tack tip was fantastic, couldn't imagine doing it without it, and probably wouldn't have thought of it myself!

Before and after shots....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Close up....

Posted Image

Drivers side was easy as owt, but the passenger side was a right beeyatch tbh, had to pull all the inner trim back to get to the lower screw, and the 'pointy' end on this side took about 10mins to get free! seemed to be stuck somewhere.

I love them myself, think they are a really good match to Anthracite too, what you lot think??

·
Registered
811 Posts
ive got the same lights, they are wicked! yes that corner screw is a bugger, my boyfriend was getting quite angry with it lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for comments peeps.

Sugar - so it wasn't just me that had trouble with the passenger side pointy end screw then [:)]

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Looking good.

Nope I am with you on the passenger and drivers side a real bit of finger twiddling but took me just over and hour to fit 2 sets

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
it must be just me then that finds them a doddle to do?! Ive done mine and bex's. a lot easier when you have a rachet and an extension.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got them from Germany via ebay, cost me ?90 with all postages included.

Think it was ?85, then ?5 it cost me to mail them the cash, as a bank transfer fee was stupid!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got some 17's coming in a week or so, then I'd love to drop it 35mm and maybe get a rear hatch spoiler.

Thats about all I want for her right now, but the trouble is I 'm in need of the cash to do it [:(]

Of course if money was no object, I'd have xenons, anni valances, milltek and recaro's [:)]......anyone feeling extremely charitable?

Gonna have to be a gradual thing I think, but I'll get it how I want it looking eventually.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PC's going great, even ran that "Act of war: direct action" game smooth as you like [H]

Very good now, thanks again Nick [:D]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts