Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here we go just a few quick snaps, before I go and sell the family silver to pay for fuel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Really nice car Andy, the Black one looks good too[:p]

If i do go back to VW it will be in one of these, Lovely car matey.

You keeping the private plate??

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Hehe, know exactly how you feel at the moment. Have fun parking it in town! [Y]

Glad I bought the other one now? Afterall, you gone one step further! How's it feeling to drive etc compared to the 2.8?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not going to write oo much on how it feels, I am hoping to write an article on it as Tomr32 did for his mk4... there seems to be a lack of contect that is mk5 related here so I am hoping to boost it with some quality stuff when I have a few miles under my belt.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Good idea.

Just remember when you start leaving it places it's just a bit of tin, like you told me! I bet your paranoia starts driving you crazy too! Mines wearing off now I must admit.

The one thing I'm guessing you are having a little trouble with will be the clutch, unless it's different to the MK4 R's paddle setup. Mines bedding in now, but damn, was sharp.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Looks fantastic Andy. [:D] Look forward to your thoughts once you've got used to it.

Why did I have it in my head that you had compromised on this "quick deal" and would have cloth seats?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good idea.

Just remember when you start leaving it places it's just a bit of tin, like you told me! I bet your paranoia starts driving you crazy too! Mines wearing off now I must admit.

The one thing I'm guessing you are having a little trouble with will be the clutch, unless it's different to the MK4 R's paddle setup. Mines bedding in now, but damn, was sharp.
all that bothers me is someone breaking into the house for it, but i have a plan for that. and car park dents.... I left it on the kerb outside of a subway today with busses passing 12 inches from it.. you have to live, no point buying it if all i do is worry. Its a lump of metal/plastic and dead cow skin albeit an expensive one LOL...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
thats looking great! love the new R32, very nice! jealous!!

nice comparison between that and the mk4! two sweet cars there

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice Andy [:D]

Look forward to seeing her next weekend at Midland!
Wouldn't mind letting you have a go Mark be interesting as to your thoughts on the mkiv/mkv differences. I know your not a mkv lover so wonder whether this would turn you...

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Very nice Andy [:D]

Look forward to seeing her next weekend at Midland!
Wouldn't mind letting you have a go Mark be interesting as to your thoughts on the mkiv/mkv differences. I know your not a mkv lover so wonder whether this would turn you...
It would only turn me if they sold me one for 5K!

Btw if you want some pics taking let me know - quite fancy doing some rolling shots [Y]

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lovely motor Andy,always thought the mkv R looked best in black-even looked into getting one not long ago,but couldnt justify ?27k for only 4,500 miles a year! Hopefully ill catch you at a meet soon,so i can have a proper look at it-and maybe you'll take me for a spin,as i never managed to get a test drive in one from a dealer! Did you manage to test drive before you bought? No one had a demo when i was looking! Presume you got it from Liverpool VW? Ah well,looks like im the only V6 4mo left in the NW crew now! Congrats on a top car mate,enjoy it! Cheers,Paul.[Y]

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is one great looking car - one of those cars that I'd def have on my list if I didn't do 40k miles per annum. Until they do an R32 with a nice six cylinder diesel engine, I'll have to stay with BMW.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
That is one great looking car - one of those cars that I'd def have on my list if I didn't do 40k miles per annum. Until they do an R32 with a nice six cylinder diesel engine, I'll have to stay with BMW.....
I've always thought they should do a R30d with the 3L Audi TDI engine I bet that would make a superb car and with a remap (about 285bhp and 400lbft) would be showing some of the high powered petrol cars a thing or two but I doubt they'll ever do it although I suspect if the price was right it would have plenty of buyers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts