Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yer noticed the badges on the boot have been moved. Im wondering if theres going to be a massive scratch under those or something as I cant see why the previous owner would move them. Will need a hot day to move the badges without snapping them. Do they look too bare de-badged?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks okay de-badged. To move badges I have helped do this on my other car before and it entails waiting for a warm day when the badges wont get brittle and snap easily. Then heating them up with a hairdrier if possible and then sliding a butter knife or something flat behind and slowly popping it forward. As already said it will need a polish/t-cut afterwards. If you are trying to line up letters it takes ages to get this right and the double sided ultra sticky tape that you get for the back of the letters is ultra sticky so you only get really one chance of putting the letters back on before heating them up again and pulling off slowly.

How come you kept the black VW badge on the green car above?

·
Leon Cupra R Beast
3,637 Posts
Looks okay de-badged. To move badges I have helped do this on my other car before and it entails waiting for a warm day when the badges wont get brittle and snap easily. Then heating them up with a hairdrier if possible and then sliding a butter knife or something flat behind and slowly popping it forward. As already said it will need a polish/t-cut afterwards. If you are trying to line up letters it takes ages to get this right and the double sided ultra sticky tape that you get for the back of the letters is ultra sticky so you only get really one chance of putting the letters back on before heating them up again and pulling off slowly.

How come you kept the black VW badge on the green car above?
Its Carbon wrapped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts