Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got a half decent price for the GTTDI on trade in so i bought myself this.

Seat Leon Cupra R 225

must say i'm very impressed with it for a standard car.222bhp on tap all the toys for not alot of money.

Robbed a few bits off the golf before i traded it and fitted them on the R.

Mods so far are aero wipers front and rear,enfig stubby which i got of zekegti,Alpine HU and uprated headlight bulbs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Paul_H/22.jpg

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
What's the handling like compared to the Golf?
It's in a totally different league! I was lucky enough a few months ago to get a spin in one that was Revo remapped to 285bhp!! [:O]

Feck me was it quick, but rather than the acceleration and top end speed, what impressed me most about this car was that it wasn't fettled with suspension wise, it cornered like it was on rails and it handled perfectly out of the box!

You'd have to spend hundreds on a MK4 on chassis stiffening (i.e. coilovers, strut braces and the like) to get up to the same standard as the R!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in a totally different league! I was lucky enough a few months ago to get a spin in one that was Revo remapped to 285bhp!! [:O]

Feck me was it quick, but rather than the acceleration and top end speed, what impressed me most about this car was that it wasn't fettled with suspension wise, it cornered like it was on rails and it handled perfectly out of the box!

You'd have to spend hundreds on a MK4 on chassis stiffening (i.e. coilovers, strut braces and the like) to get up to the same standard as the R!
hit the nail on the head there.awesome on the bends yet so comfy.and hell them brakes can't half stop you in a hurry.

·
Registered
659 Posts

hit the nail on the head there.awesome on the bends yet so comfy.and hell them brakes can't half stop you in a hurry.
Well you've convinced me! [H] I suppose in terms of chassis/suspension then, the only thing you might want to do is lower it a bit - Eibach springs perhaps?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
what sort of 0-60 time is it? 6.5?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Great looking car, i've always wanted one of these, they are a lot of
car for the money and well equipped also, your car just looks stunning
mate [y] just a remap in order to scare some subarus lol.

Sat

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Yeah i thought he pm'd you, and yeah the tuning box is good thx, i like
the initial pull in 1st now, just flys to the 4000rpm lol, but too much
wheelspin, but overall the gears are a lot more better in acceleration,
a worth while mod imo, but its not that i drive it or anything [:cool:].
lol

Sat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.