Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new motor. Not a stunner, but certainly a sleeper. I had thought about a new GT TDi, a 150PD Golf, Fabia VRS and a Leon Cupra.

This car was an absolute bargain and the saving made on buying it will be used fot the best elsewhere. This is the pic I got when I was told about it but I will post more pics when I take some of my own.

I would like to increase bhp but am going to look in to the best ways to do it for this particular car. Suggestions welcome!

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
That red certainly looks good on the toledo. I looked at Toledo's before I bought the Bora and was acively bidding on ebay on one. If I had known you was going to get such a good car quite so cheap I would have hung out.

I paid not that much less for my Bora! V reg....

Does it have the leather / suede seats?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
How much did you get it for in the end? I've not seen many Toledo's about I must admit. It's a good looking saloon, whats space like in the boot etc ?

If you're looking to increase power then head over the tuning forum - it'll be a DBW 1.8T so expect about 210 once its been fiddled with [:D]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paid ?6,400 in the end. The boot is big, but not as big as as a Passat's. The interior is very similar to the Leon Cupra with sports seats, climate, electric windows etc.

I will take a look in the tuning forum and will have a few questions for those in the know. I am quite lucky as thechief and MKIV Turbo are nearby and both are well in to making more bhp from the 1.8T.

I removed the 20VT badge from the bootlid too, so can't wait to see the looks on peoples faces when they see a standard looking saloon pull away from them!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That red certainly looks good on the toledo. I looked at Toledo's before I bought the Bora and was acively bidding on ebay on one. If I had known you was going to get such a good car quite so cheap I would have hung out.

I paid not that much less for my Bora! V reg....

Does it have the leather / suede seats?
I must admit the red would not have been my choice, but the car is more important than the colour. These cars are quite rare, so you don't really get a good choice and to be honest, I would have had it regardless of colour at the price it was. Of course white, maroon or yellow would have been painfull on the eye!

I have to admit, I still can't believe I got a car this new and this spec for 6 year old Bora money despite only having cloth interior which is totally like new. I am liking the climate control a lot too, but need to figure it out! [:D]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look on ebay, there are a few listed at the moment. One is a black V5 with loads of extras. You can get them for ?1-2k for a base spec early model this style.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Climate control rules, got that and most of the stuff in the bora, but then I paid about the same as you paid and mines had 49k on the car and is 5 years older! They do seem to be going for silly money, but I'm shocked as to how much you got that one for.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That looks mint! Personally, I don't like the style of the Toledo
but for that price/age/spec I wouldn't be moaning. Real bargain.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not too struck on the looks myself but I don't think it is ugly. Function first and form second for me!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not too struck on the looks myself but I don't think it is ugly. Function first and form second for me!
A Leon Cupra R front bumper and a bit of colour coding here and there then she will be transformed :D

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What a shed.........total junker.........bet its a cut & shut[:p]
Lol! Yeah, I have had that from everyone once they heard the price! Just wait till my consultant MKIVTurbo best advises then it will be the fastest cut and shut shed in the North East! Lol!

·
Banned
774 Posts
Looks like you've got an eye for a bargain. Great basis for a Q car as well, I'd be going for a remap and suspension upgrade with a portion of the money saved.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I bet he payed 16k for it, but once he realised his typo, was too ashamed to correct it!  (........Spanish junk if you ask me, just like Derbis!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts