Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, thisis what i've now got...i love it to pieces, nice to have the power.
It's a 1.8T GTI, but has got an IHI conversion, Revo Remap, Custom cold air indution kit, with the filter near the floor, hence the long carbo firbre piping. Forge Dumpvale, full Miltek system, de-catted straight off the Turbo Downpipe....she is running 244BHP @ 318 (ish) lbs of Torque, 60 in 5.60 and 155 top end.MMMM and still does 42 MPG on the motorway to my girl firends, love it...Lowered 65mm on springs and shocks and black badges and anniversary GTI badge, de-wipered at the back.

anyway here's the photo's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
An IHI conversion and only 244hp.......?!?!?! Sounds like there is far far more to come fella!!

Nice clean motor, not too keen on the low exhausts, but rest looks mint!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aww thanks everyone for your comments, you'll be seeing me more on this scene so i'll try and get to some shows/meets this year and keep in touch with the forum :)

sweet site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not sure exactly as the guy before me did it, he managed to buy it off ebay though for around ?400 then Revo fitted it when it got remapped...afraid i don't know how much they retail at initially but ?400 seems a bargain, sounds loud too from the hissing and dumping, doesn't make Porsche Boxster's happy people ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
not sure exactly as the guy before me did it, he managed to buy it off ebay though for around ?400 then Revo fitted it when it got remapped...afraid i don't know how much they retail at initially but ?400 seems a bargain, sounds loud too from the hissing and dumping, doesn't make Porsche Boxster's happy people ;)
Not sure if you realise mate but the ihi turbo requires a different manifold, downpipe etc etc and as far as i know revo don't do an off the shelf remap for it? Sure your not getting it confused with another engine part?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Not sure if you realise mate but the ihi turbo requires a different manifold, downpipe etc etc and as far as i know revo don't do an off the shelf remap for it? Sure your not getting it confused with another engine part?
Hmm, 244 horsepower, with revo? Surely must have had some new turbo on it even if not an IHI!

With an IHI, you should have 290+ I would have thought, but you'd need the other bits and bobs too, (injectors etc).

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hmm, 244 horsepower, with revo? Surely must have had some new turbo on it even if not an IHI!

With an IHI, you should have 290+ I would have thought, but you'd need the other bits and bobs too, (injectors etc).
Is prob a smaller IHI turbo off a scooby hence the ?400 price for the turbo, not a VF34 like the Jabba kit uses. Also you can get an adapter so you can fit an IHI turbo to the standard mannifold to keep costs down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
will look into it, i just bought it as it is and i'm being outdone by all your knowledge ;)

will have a talk to the guy i bought it off and get more photo's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts