Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, last week I bought this lovely GTI TDI. Im new to VW, (big BMW guy sorry haha, my other car is an old 540i 4.4l V8) I wanted something reliable, economical and practical, I used to own a 1.9 100PS Octavia estate, which I bought with over 100k on it and sold it years later with 380k! never missed a beat. Few general maintenance things of course.

So I thought same engine would be good, not quite the same one I know. I was looking for the PD130 GT version as theres plenty about. But I came across this, owner was lovely guy, the car has FULL and COMPREHENSIVE service history, its got 140k on the clock, has had oil change at least every 10k in its life and 4x timing belt changes, last one just last year. :)

Its Black, leather heated recaros, Santa Monica genuine wheels, sunroof, and multifunction steering wheel with cruise control! so fully loaded.

Was pretty dirty inside, But ive spent 6 hours today cleaning EVERYTHING, scrubbing, detailing, etc.. I got the steering wheel from shinny to matt, looks and feels brand new, fitted armrest which it didn't have, and also fitted a Sony unit with apple car play etc. New gear knob decal on the way.

On the way I have oil/filter/air filter/cabin filter/gearbox oil/power steering fluid/coolant and fuel filter. to give it a good service next week.

I look forward to posting a bit on here as things happen. cheers Ed

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not to far in the future, I will be reconditioning the suspension with new shocks, and eibach pro springs to lower the car a little. and getting a couple rust spots taken care of

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,444 Posts
Thats a good 6 hours well spent ,,,,, the interior is looking real good (y)

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey so I just used a generic household spray cleaner. Any sort of bathroom/kitchen cleaner spray will do a great job. Worked in with a sponger using the green side at times and wiping down with warm water and micro fiver towel. Did the whole interior like that :) no need for daft expensive car specific products. Change water regularly as it gets manky :) a paintbrush coke is handy to to work in to vents and things.

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don’t suppose anyone knows if this is a drain for the coolant? It on the underside of the heater matrix. Want to do a coolant flush. But no drain on radiator and lower pipe is hard to get to as the Inter cooler is in the way

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts