Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think this is a first on uk-mkivs, and i would be surprised if it was the last. Sick of alloy wheels now, every car has them. Been wanting to do this since last winter, for when i take my RC's off, but never got round to it. You either love it or hate it, and i love it....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Chaz you hero

that looks top mate - only thing I would say is I would maybe do it with bigger steelies, how big are those?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only problem i have been told Tabs, there needs to be at least 3" from the edge of the white wall to the edge of the tyre. With 16's you won't get that unless your tyres have a big enough profile. Speak to the guy about it though and see what he says[H]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Only problem i have been told Tabs, there needs to be at least 3" from the edge of the white wall to the edge of the tyre. With 16's you won't get that unless your tyres have a big enough profile. Speak to the guy about it though and see what he says[H]
Cheers for the heads up mate! Tyres are a 55 profile, doubt I'll have 3" to play with. There are 1" and 2" available in the US though so I may look there.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks very good mate, very different and it has to be frist, surely?

You been beaten to it Tabs?
As far as i know its a first, Got loads of plans to make it better tho...

·
Registered
93 Posts
sorry to say its not a first , its an "american thayng" seen it a few times now. but they have used crome nuts and crome spike centre cap also with lower white wall profiles....i have seen the pic on here somewehre recently!

but even if it no a first still a good way of keeping your expensive alloys away from the winter salts, and can not be too expensive,

very stylish by the way......

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That looks really cool, good on you for trying it.  Are they spaced at all?  Looks like they could do with some spacers, especially at the rear to finish it off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts