Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Very nice, black's the nicest colour, the downside is it's the most difficult to keep clean.

I spent ages cleaning mine the other weekend, it was gleaming, then Monday drove down the road and got stuck behind some huge lorry in the rain that was kicking up the most amount of dirt ever...all over my car, not a happy bunny!

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Great fun isn't it?!

I had a bit of a play with a TT 3.2 today, I think he was expecting to whiz out and overtake easily but as he went to go pass I floored it! There was a huge grin on my face when the gap between me and him was getting bigger. Obviously you never know how hard the other driver is pushing it but as I'd already overtaken him on the slip road I reckon he would have been trying quite hard to get past me.

Be careful with the brakes though, I found for the first few hundred miles they need bedding in, they're sharp around town but at higher speeds they'll need more of a shove than you expect, they nearly caught me out coming off a slip road at 70!

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Quote: posted by koff on 12/04/2005 10:58:38

Thanks for those photos. Looks great. Damn, I really wish I'd ordered the 18" Monzas. Haven't seen a photo of a black 3 dr with 17s yet.

I have a black 3dr with 17's and they look fine, a friend of mine picked up hers the same day as me and she had 18s and there really isn't as much of a difference as it seems in the pictures. Not once have I looked at mine and thought 'they're too small, I wish I'd gone with the 18s'.

It's far too good a car to be worried about the size of the wheels, you'll be to busy spending time in it than outside looking at the wheels!

I'm afraid I don't have a digital camera so I've got no pics to show yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.