Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,

Crakin car there - I'm hoping to order a new GT TDI soon myself - that facelift has done wonders for it.

Regarding the non-UK interior; do I take it that your car is a non-VW UK import, on which you were able to spec a German interior, in the RHD spec? Is the rest of the car UK spec?

If you don't mind me asking - what did the alcantara option add to the car price - as I really would like that on mine?

Thanks,

dieseldunc.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Nice car (love the seats) but what a pity the dealer who specced the car did not have the sense or knowledge to add the highline computer and armrest. Two vital features missing IMHO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob Gerards were nice to deal with. I went along on a monday and test drove my car and a dsg car. Both great - tough decision. I did phone ahead as my car was still in their compound and had not been cleaned prepatred it, so they got it out for me in advance.

No pressure and very freindly. I recon about 4.5k cheaper than uk price!

I would have liked the armrest and may get round to fitting one. I've found lots of fitting guides for mk4 but none for mk5.

Still getting used to car and quite happy. Powerful compared to my old 2.0 focus and economical. Have seen 44 mpg but realisticly expect mid to high 30's.

Makes some nice noises. Driving round town with the window down lots of wooshes and hissing noises.

Just one niggle is there seems to be alot of tyre noise compered to my old focus over some road surfaces. Bridgstone tyres?

Going to check tyre pressures to see if i can improve things. Hope its not going to spoil the car for me.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I found the bridgestones noisey, I swapped them for Goodyears and its quietend the noise. I keep looking at the 1.4 TSi as I like the idea of a quiet smooth engine with tdi economy and they are cheaper. I'm not sure if I could do without the mid range omph of the tdi though ..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had the same dilemma myself. I went for the petrol for that little bit extra refinement. The tsi is a super engine. It revs happily to 7000 rpm. Pulls strongly from under 2000 rpm. You can search for vw 2nd hand stock and demonstrators on the vw web site. Nip along and try one.

I think the tdi will always be better for economy.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I've just looked and they are going for silly money, i'd probably go for a DSG one, my local stealer has a TSi 170 for ?16500, and its a basic 3 door !

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bob Gerards were nice to deal with. I went along on a monday and test drove my car and a dsg car. Both great - tough decision. I did phone ahead as my car was still in their compound and had not been cleaned prepatred it, so they got it out for me in advance.

No pressure and very freindly. I recon about 4.5k cheaper than uk price!

I would have liked the armrest and may get round to fitting one. I've found lots of fitting guides for mk4 but none for mk5.

Still getting used to car and quite happy. Powerful compared to my old 2.0 focus and economical. Have seen 44 mpg but realisticly expect mid to high 30's.

Makes some nice noises. Driving round town with the window down lots of wooshes and hissing noises.

Just one niggle is there seems to be alot of tyre noise compered to my old focus over some road surfaces. Bridgstone tyres?

Going to check tyre pressures to see if i can improve things. Hope its not going to spoil the car for me.
THX mate, sounds good, out of interest what was the cost all in ?

·
Registered
464 Posts
bugger, that is cheap, dont suppose he had any GTi's in did he, oh and do you know were your golf came from (i.e which country)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Car came from Belgum. No GTI'S.

Have you looked at motorpoint.co.uk & motorprovider.co.uk & mh2k.com

·
Registered
464 Posts
Car came from Belgum. No GTI'S.

Have you looked at motorpoint.co.uk & motorprovider.co.uk & mh2k.com
looked at all those except mh2k , but i will go tomorrow for a nosey, thx for your help matey

1 - 18 of 18 Posts