Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Whats the DSG like on the 2.0 TDI? The V6 TT I drove with it was brilliant, very quick gear changes. Looks really nice. The alloys look good.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. It's a 2.0Tdi DSG S-line with a few extra goodies, Xenons, Bose, Auto wipers, Auto dipping mirror, auto lights, heated seats (for Claire!) centre Arm rest and luggage pack.

Completely different from the R32 but I'm not disappointed. I was a bit worried that I would miss the performance but so far so good (although i have only done 130 miles in it so far!) I love the interior, love the bose and the handlings not back with the S-line pack either.

Got a few plans for it - change of wheels, a light tint on the windows and perhaps a set of Eibach springs will be needed.

J.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by Andrew on 05/03/2005 22:42:14

Whats the DSG like on the 2.0 TDI?

It's taking some getting used to! The DSG box is really, really smooth and the padel shifts are great. Seems to really suit the 2.0Tdi engine as theres such a small power band to work with you need to make sure it's sat in the middle of it or your left wheezing and the DSG box is so quick changing it's easy to make sure your in the right gear.

Not sure if it is going to effect my ability to chip it though as no one seems keen to warrenty any chipped car with the DSG box.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by Carlos on 06/03/2005 13:14:47

Very nice. Whats steering wheel is that?

Just the standard S-line one with the DSG paddles.

J.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
James give me first refusal on those wheels will you if you are selling them and are just planning on selling them to anyone. I'll take them off you no problem. I bloody love them!!

Those heated seats with the leather are just so comfy.

Give it time though, it will feel like a different car in a few thousand k. I'll have mine Upsoluted in the next couple of weeks when they sort out the hardware and I'll let you know how I get on.

How long you planning on keeping it for?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts