Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

'My new car' post - with not very good pics!

3K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  albmx 
#1 ·
After a few months of umming and ahhhing, I went up to Chester on Thursday, stayed over night, and picked up my new car yesterday morning. I know it's not a GTi, but I managed to haggle a deal on a perfect R32 (which in all honesty is what I REALLY wanted) that was TOO good to turn down. In a nutshell I had to do what was financially best for me, and this R32 is perfect (I hope!).
The car is a '06, Deep Blue Pearl, Full Leather, Winter Pack, Convenience Pack (not a toilet!), and 6CD.

A 5 hour drive home last night and I really got to grips with it and it revealed its self to what a superb car it is. The engine is a peach and it is effortless to drive, pulling in every gear. And that noise, wow, it's gorgeous!!!! *)
I know the styling is not exactly perfect in places, but having now got one and examined it in the flesh close up, there are curves and styling bits that pictures simply do not show. It's quit a big beast, but very elegant, and a real head turner too in the colour that seems to change depending on the light! (i'm going to try and do some nighttime photos, because the blue really goes deep at night under artificial light!)
It got covered in motorway salt yesterday, so I gave her a quick clean this morning (but I packed it in ?cos it was so cold!). The sun is very low at the mo, meaning I can't very good pics. Here's an attempt anyway (before I dysoned and cleaned inside!).
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A HUGE thanks to everybody who has helped out over the past few months!
Cheers
Kevin

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys, much appreciated. [Y]
Even though I say so myself it has got such a air of quality about it. I have just been out for a little drive (just for the sake of it), and sat in the soft leather, heated seats on, climate working well, xenons guiding me around, it feel so solid and refined, yet still being luxurious. I'm really chuffed with my purchase! :D
BTW, I tried to take a pic with my phone just now, in the garage under my flat, but it came out a bit blurry, however it gives a better idea of the DPB under flourescent light.
Posted Image

:)

#9 ·
Lovely motor mate.

?Had one follow me on the M32 yesterday with same colour.? Makes me wish I had opted to get an R32 instead of the GTi.? (Bit out of my price range though) [:(]
That was me mate (if yours is black?)! You were in front of me at the traffic lights by the Shell at the bottom of the M32. I then turned off the M32 at Eastville (Ikea), and I presumed you were going straight on, but you came over into the exit at the last minute. I then went past you at the Tesco roundabout and I turned right where I went and took the pics!
[:)]

#10 ·
Mate, know how you feel. Had mine for about 2 weeks now, albeit the MK4 version. Wait till you get a little more comfortable with the enginer, know it's quirks and stuff. Then, dump it into third and take it to the red line.

Grin like a cheshire cat!!

Enjoy it. I know I am!

How many looks are you getting? I've noticed people turning heads in car's as you go past, which you kinda get used to. At first it was a bit weird and nerve racking!

#12 ·
Lovely motor mate.

Had one follow me on the M32 yesterday with same colour. Makes me wish I had opted to get an R32 instead of the GTi. (Bit out of my price range though) [:(]
That was me mate (if yours is black?)! You were in front of me at the traffic lights by the Shell at the bottom of the M32. I then turned off the M32 at Eastville (Ikea), and I presumed you were going straight on, but you came over into the exit at the last minute. I then went past you at the Tesco roundabout and I turned right where I went and took the pics!

[:)]
Yeah, that was me, in my not so clean black GTi. Had to make a split minute decision to go and get bacon for the butties or not. Stomach won. [;)]

Once again, cracking motor. Think thats the first one I've seen around the area.

Have you had any dealings with Heritage?. Wouldn't mind getting retro-fit cruise. Went there to get an idea how long it would take. Service department didn't have a clue, couldn't even find it on their system. Were supposed to be getting back to me. That was approx 6 weeks ago!!!.

#19 ·
Have you had any dealings with Heritage?. Wouldn't mind getting retro-fit cruise. Went there to get an idea how long it would take. Service department didn't have a clue, couldn't even find it on their system. Were supposed to be getting back to me. That was approx 6 weeks ago!!!.
I haven't to be honest. I know that the Audi monkeys across the road should not be trusted with a box of sweets, let alone a ?20k+ motor, but Heritage have never had any issues as far as i'm aware. As long as they service it and stamp the book properly, i'm not too fused.

#20 ·
Kmpowell - re your signature - there is no 'Convenience Pack' option on the R32 - its standard as it is on GTI's and GT's, do you mean one of the Luxury Packs (elec folding mirrors, reverse operated dipping mirror etc)?
Ah, I didn't realise, I had better scrub that then... although I am still technically right, as it has all the items on the conveneince pack! [;)]

#24 ·
Kmpowell - re your signature - there is no 'Convenience Pack' option on the R32 - its standard as it is on GTI's and GT's, do you mean one of the Luxury Packs (elec folding mirrors, reverse operated dipping mirror etc)?
Ah, I didn't realise, I had better scrub that then... although I am still technically right, as it has all the items on the conveneince pack! [;)]
Just curious what is a conveneince pack???

Great car, excellent choice of colour! [H]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.