Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's & Gal's

Finally got my 330d SE and love it!

Here's a few shots that my Dad took on Saturday.

Posted Image

Nice chunky chrome grill, unquie on the 330d's.....
Posted Image

Mint leather seats, please no comments about the dirty mats...They will be attended to a.s.a.p.
Posted Image

Just polished with Meguirs NXT Gen Polish, then it rained!!!
Posted Image

Nice meaty rear end, private plate will be going on once I get the V5 back
Posted Image

Engine bay, which has now been cleaned
Posted Image

Posted Image

Me looking rather cheesy with a bottle of meths, yes it was used to clean the alu trim. No I didn't have a quick swig
Posted Image

Cheers

RickyD

·
Registered
385 Posts
That looks great[:)] Congrats on the buy - I'm sure you're thrilled with the drive; it really does point out the inherent disadvantage of front wheel drive, doesn?t it? [:$]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I know you are going to resist modifications, but I would change the front indicator bulbs for Phillips Silvervision and also the rear lamps could do with an update with either OEM BMW 2003 sedan onwards or alternatively: http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_prod.php?prod_id=222 Not chav-like in any way, I think these will really smarten up the rear of the car as they are so close to the design of the OEM LED rears you get on the 2003+ 3 series coupe'.<o:p></o:p>

Enjoy and yes, those mats are going to have to be binned. I had the same thing when I bought my M3. The interior was mint with the exception of the mats; they looked like they had been stained with curry [:^)] I tried everything to get the staines out; in the end I had to bin them - replacements go for about ?70, so watch out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK Matey, I quite often get into Blyth some Friday afternoon's and Saturday's as the other half works there and she requires a lift.

Any excuse for me to get out and drive.......[;)]

Cheers

RickyD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Glowplug,

The mileage is 33,000miles, 1 owner from new, garaged with FSH. The car was bought for ?27500 in September 2000 which included the optional grey leather seats.

The other gizmo's include:-

* Rain sensor for the windscreen wipers

* Reverse parking sensors

* Traction control

* Climate control

* Headlamp washers

* Multi functional steering wheel

There's a lot more than I had on my old Golf GT TDI......[:D]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers matey,

Not too keen on the blue laces myself, although I carn't be chewed to change them[;)]

I did look at a Topaz blue model, although it was in terrible condition and had the wood inserts on the interior which I'm not too keen on.

RickyD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers RS2002,

The steering is so different than the Golf, a lot lighter and more responsive[;)].

Yes, I've already consider the Phillips Silvervision blubs...I had them on the Golf, although I couldn't be bothered to take them out of the Angel Eye's that I just fitted after then new year.

I really like the revised style rear lamp clusters (OEM LED type). Let's wait and see....

I'll probably try and give the mats a good blasting with the jet wash and see what happens...It work a treat on my Golf's mats.

RickyD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The engine is just superb!!!![:D][:D]

Very smooth power delivery and quite...Not clattering at all[Y]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No immediate plans Sonny, just to purchase a CD Autochanger. I'm using by portable mini-disc player at the mo.[;)]

I'll probably also change the indicator bulbs to Phillips Silvervision.

Cheers

RickyD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Irish, It's fantastic!!![;)]

The power delivery is so smooth and not even like a diesel, more like a petrol car apart from it not reving as much[H][;)]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts