Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know i sold the GTi on Friday and got the A3.

Someone pulled out of buying it last min so i went and got it, dont like waiting for anything lol

Pretty basic spec but still a great car.

Picked it up on Friday, Pi55ing down.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Give it a good wash today and alls good with wheels and paintwork [:D] Unlike the GTi [:(]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interior pics..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/spot0806/Audi/11Small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/spot0806/Audi/PA290017Small.jpg

Really like the colour, didnt want Black or Silver.

Feels nice and solid ie.. No Rattles even when going over speedbumps[Y]

Like it, dont like it ?? Opinions welcome good or bad.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
So this is theb east you chopped the GTI in for huh?? What was the cause of that exactly - I'd heard you'd chopped and changed but no idea why mate??

It's a cracking colour mate (couldn't work it out from the first two but as I got down was more wow'd [:D])... Looks great, bar the arse end looking a bit too round (Golf's not much better really admittedly!). Sweeeet tho [h]

What made you go back to Diesel?? [:)] Cost?? (If I may be so bold as to ask!)

C

PS - does Brian (see I've remembered now look!) like it as much as the GTI? [;)]

EDIT - oh and is that the key for a crooklock steering wheel jobby i see on the keyring?! [:O]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chris, Gti went because of late i spent more time at the dealers than in our house lol

Over the last few weeks ive had probs with door seals, handbrake switch and all sorts of rattles and the steering rack still had to be done.

It was just an unlucky car for me.

Ive been after a few A3's petrol and diesel but missed out on them, then the dealer phoned and found this one so i went and bought it.

Lost a few ££ on the GTi but not too bothered as long as this one goes ok. Would of liked a bit better spec but itll do..

Still running it in so i'm driving around like an old woman, cant wait to give it a bit of stick lol.

As for me mate he loves the thing, hes after a sportback (5 door) changing in a few weeks time me thinks..

Crooklock key it is matey, need them in Liverpool so i'm told[;)]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks mint mate... so how does it compare to the gti?? i.e. dash/seats/build quality/ just the cabin in general..

Sat [y]
Better than my GTi in every way. (Maybe not other peoples GTi's)

The only things i miss from my GTi,, Xenons and the Auto dimming mirror.

The GTi sounds better than a diesel but you get a lot more miles to a tank in the A3

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
She's a beauty John and drives pretty smart too! [:p]

And your not kidding about driving like a granny at the moment, leaving the services the other night was the first time i could keep up with ya lol! [;)]

Made up for you mate, just don't put a uk-mkivs sticker on her as you know what will happen lol! [:D]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And your not kidding about driving like a granny at the moment, leaving the services the other night was the first time i could keep up with ya lol! [;)]
Lost without the satnav mate[:O] didnt know where i was going[;)]

Cheers Kev [:D] See how long i keep this one [:O]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
excellent John [Y] - I dare you to keep it for more than a year [:p]..I'm currently looking at an A3 sportback S-line..the repayments are cheaper on the 2.0 TFSi than the 170 TDi but the diesel would make more sense mpg wise for my mileage...oh decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would go for it Damian, really pleased with mine, not a rattle, very little if any wind noise (Only from me)

Keep it for a year, wait and see on that one, it'll have to be a good car[:p]

Cheers for the feedback guys

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Don't like it [:p] Had a quick look up your road this morning as I went past but guess you had her hidden away. Look forward to seeing her at one of the up coming meets.

How did you find the salesmen at Lancaster btw? Last time I was there with the dirty two they just couldn't give it a toss!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't like it [:p] Had a quick look up your road this morning as I went past but guess you had her hidden away. Look forward to seeing her at one of the up coming meets.

How did you find the salesmen at Lancaster btw? Last time I was there with the dirty two they just couldn't give it a toss!
Hi Tabs,

Did ye look in the back yard it's there, well i hope it is[:O]

Im in Brians car this morning, left about 7ish

I didnt get it from Lancaster (Liverpool) got it from Manchester, bought quite a few cars in my time and i got to say this has been the best dealer (salesmen) by far, really helpful...

Didnt even bother going to the Liverpool branch, Paul had a bad time with them.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts