Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one bet you cant wait,This one i have defo feels quicker than the manual i previously had..Where are you gettin it from corkhills ! Get some picys up when you get it..

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers tabs,good to put a face to some of guys on ere,yep send us them detaails cheers mate,Good to meet ye there gary m mate..

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The box is superb mate no problems here,gettin about 45-47 mpg doin around 30-40 mph then early 50s on the motorway doin around 70-90mph.As i said i dont seem to be puttin me foot down as much either,but as i say no probs ere.And if you wana boot it boy does it go..

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Nice one bet you cant wait,This one i have defo feels quicker than the manual i previously had..Where are you gettin it from corkhills ! Get some picys up when you get it..
No chance with Corkills, wouldnt buy from them anyway...

Getting it from Bolton (Smith Knight Fay) 05 reg 4k miles, totally standard. Pick it up at 11.00.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dont know if ye gettin a set of wheels for it or not,but halfords av got 20% of wheels at the moment,was in the edge lane branch thursday and the guy said that this wend only at edge lane branch there will be an xtra 10% as well,so 30% of wheels & tyres.Not bad like, think there only doing it in that branch cos its recently had a full refurtb and they want punters through the door its goin to be advertised on the radio as well..1 hour 30 mins mate..What plans av you got if any for it..

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Dont know if ye gettin a set of wheels for it or not,but halfords av got 20% of wheels at the moment,was in the edge lane branch thursday and the guy said that this wend only at edge lane branch there will be an xtra 10% as well,so 30% of wheels & tyres.Not bad like, think there only doing it in that branch cos its recently had a full refurtb and they want punters through the door its goin to be advertised on the radio as well..1 hour 30 mins mate..What plans av you got if any for it..
Was in there the other day having a look around, it's not finished yet but looks good.. (Halfords i mean)

Dont know about throwing money at this one as i put loads of money into the Mk4 and i dont know what to do with that at the moment... Wouldnt mind getting a set of BBS CH's for the mk5 but loads of peeps have them wheels now.. Wait and see..

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
So the 1.4 has finally gone Curley, bet you cant wait to get over 70mph
on the motorway LOL did you trade the 1.4 in for the mk5?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I was told by the bloke in halfords on edge lane that the 10% off was
this weekend, Ill be upset if Ive missed the sale i wanted some BBS's

What is this a scouse halfords appreciation thread?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
lookas good buddy - same as mine apart from those tiddly wheels [;)] !! oh and the rear badges ! Mine's just come out of the garage today after 5 days - enjoy !

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
So the 1.4 has finally gone Curley, bet you cant wait to get over 70mph on the motorway LOL did you trade the 1.4 in for the mk5?
Andy it's a 1.6 and it does go over 70 mph eventually loll still got it mate.

Picked up the new one yesterday. Think i like my 1.6 better at the moment, this thing sounds like a taxi to me but it is a lot faster than the 1.6.. Maybe should of gone for the petrol??? Dont get any rattles or wind noise but the interior is a bit naff..

The car might grow on me though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts