Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've just picked up an 02 mk4 tdi estate, I live in Portugal and these things are still crazy money out here so I got it cheap as a bit of a fixer upper, mainly because the autobox is knackered..
What I really want to know is if it is some kind of special edition? I've never seen seats like this before..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just realised that even though it's LHD it was imported from the UK original plate was GX02CXD

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just realised that even though it's LHD it was imported from the UK original plate was GX02CXD
Checked on the UK Gov MOT page and it said the car was first registered in Feb 2004. So it was imported to the UK then exported back out again before it's 1st MOT:

Date of first registration: February 2004
Year of manufacture: 2002
Export marker: Yes
Last date of log book issue: April 2004
MOT due: MOT Overdue (2007) - No data held

1,172 Posts
There is a golf on this page with the same seats. It's not in english, but may be of help!

·
Registered
265 Posts
There is a golf on this page with the same seats. It's not in english, but may be of help!

Hey
That's my Golf

It's Sport Edition and exclusive for Germany

Blue stitch on steering wheel, gear selector, handbrake leather and on cloth seats.
Seats are black with grey inserts and Sport edition badges
Silver Net optic trim
Bora Sport clocks
Silver gear knob
Door sills are like 25th Anni, but without GTI badge
1.6, 2.0, PD100, PD115 and PD130 engines
Moonlight blue LC5M color from factory, reflex silver and black magic were optional
Santa Monica 17" factory fitted with GTI -15mm suspension.
ESP factory fitted
3 door, 5 door or Variant
Years of production 2001 and early 2002.

Mine has Climatronic, Sunroof, armrest as optional and AJM PD115 6 speed manual, Wolfsburg city of manufacture, etc.

VW Sharan Special was also with same options, but PD140 and PD150 engines and MY2007

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks for the info and apologies for not checking in before I'm in the middle of a house move..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts