Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[CREATIVE SWEARING REMOVED] silly woman!

Posted Image

handle, down to the bump strip.. creased the door skin as it was pushed in but popped out again.

Posted Image

it dont look all that on cam, but the crease is all the way down the seem of the door. THANKS!! will this effect my NCB if we go through the insurance? im trying to get them to pay cash which they have aggreed to but only if it aint to expensive. i dont want filler in my door, how would the crease be fixed?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
your better off going through their insurance,

if you use yours then you will have to pay your excess and it will count as a claim untill it is resolved and then it will be payed back to you..

if you dont want filler in your door then you will need a new one, but the insurance will not do this, so you would have to stump the difference for the door up. but it depends how bad it is, pics dont show the dent.

in cases like this, we pass people on to our insurance team, they will deal with everything on your behalf and that way you just drop your car off and then pick it up when its done, usually a lot quicker than going to the ins approved place too

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Your not having much luck at the moment, could you not get a second hand door, might be cheaper? not sure you would be able to repair it. is it not possible to get the door re-skinned?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jake, i will be going through her insurance. i like my NCB and want to keep it that way. After all, it was her fault, i even have her recorded on my cctv so she cant say diddly sqaut!

the dent is prob about 3.5 to 4mm deep. the door skin popped back out again and has just left a 3" long crease down the seem of the door. you can see on the door handle a scratch so it shows how far she went into it. nice loud pop it was.

realisticly spraying 2 doors, blending into the rear qtr and front wing? or full near side respray? filler would fall out or crack over the years on something like a door surely? Car meet on Saturday too... gerrrr!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers boys, just annoying more than anything else. i been told that red is really had to blend as it fade more than other colours so it mite need the whole side re-spraying. would do me a favour if im honest as i have a tiny blemish that side (it just hides well) Dunno, ill get a couple quotes tomorrow and hope they cough up for it, otherwise its through her insurance. that i dint mind but it will take longer. anyone know the book price on a late 2000 (nov) bora? surely they cant write it off as spraying well expensive? i know insurance try anything to mug people off.

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Sorry to hear about this mate.

Hope you can get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shame.that sucks.

we all now look forward to the post "my neighbour just hit my car.....so i just hit my neighbour"
i think the fact she was a cute little blonde thing actually made the situation better. im naturally hot headed and known for my temper so i would most deffo say i handled it well. if it was some big hairy meat head it prob would of been a little different. oh and the fact she laughed at my hoody and then went all nervous coz she prob realised i wernt laughing....

whats funny about my hoody... [:D]

Posted Image

hehe

·
Registered
516 Posts
Roughly 1800 quid is what it's worth. I wouldn't worry to much as who ever is booked by the insurers to do the work will want to do it. If it's written off they won't get the work.

Did the same calculation when my neighbour did the same except across the front.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Id keep my eye out on some online breakers round your area, you might get lucky and find 2 nice straight doors in the right colour.

£100 tops.

Other than that i think it may have to be an insurance jobby to make it look pretty again :l

Car does look sweet though dude

Tom

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Id keep my eye out on some online breakers round your area, you might get lucky and find 2 nice straight doors in the right colour.

£100 tops.

Other than that i think it may have to be an insurance jobby to make it look pretty again :l

Car does look sweet though dude

Tom
cheers man, it looks better without scratches all over it. trying to find a bora in a brakers is missions anyways let alone 1 in Tornado Red. it was a limited colour by VW between 2000 and 2001 so VW dartford told me when i was enquiring about the corrosion warranty.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts