Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i finaly got my carbonio off ebay ( Thanks Bora_Tom for spotting it)

well here is it , it arrived today plus a little filter with it , whats that all about then ?

Posted Image

will be fitting it the weekend [:D]

and theres more to follow over the next week [;)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The little filter is for the secondary air pump on a 1.8T, Im not totally sure if a 4mo has one?

Have a look at the airbox, if it does have one then there will be a
smaller pipe leaving the left hand side - that what the filter goes on.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers gary , ive had a look and there does seem to be one so looks like a spare  , il stick it on ebay as ya never know someone might want it lol

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no probs , il put a little vid clip up [:)]

next mod for today is

Areo wipers (cheers baker21) will post pics later when fitted and i know im in the group buy for areo wipers they are a spare set [:)]

but the rest of the mods will be happening on tuesday , so ya just have to wait and see [;)]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
How much did you pay for it ? Is it new or secondhand ?
?128 off ebay its second hand , the v6 ones norm about 230 odd
Not a bad deal.. impossible performance quoted Mark (Red Gixer) ?280 to fit a carbonio !!!!! LMAO

That filter looks dirty in that pic, that is assuming they don't come in that colour. I'm certain they are a lighter colour to that. Make sure you check it's not dirty already.

I shant tell you how much I got my EVO CAI for then recently,.... lets just say it was an absolute STEAL ! [:D][:D][:)][:)]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Not a bad deal.. impossible performance quoted Mark (Red Gixer) ?280 to fit a carbonio !!!!! LMAO

That filter looks dirty in that pic, that is assuming they don't come in that colour. I'm certain they are a lighter colour to that. Make sure you check it's not dirty already.

I shant tell you how much I got my EVO CAI for then recently,.... lets just say it was an absolute STEAL ! [:D][:D][:)][:)]
What a joke, how hard is it to remove a bumper and airbox?!?! If someone local wanted it done i'd do it for free! Its that easy.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

What a joke, how hard is it to remove a bumper and airbox?!?! If someone local wanted it done i'd do it for free! Its that easy.
That included the carbonio ! Wasn't too clear originally was it.. that was supply and fitting.. still damn expensive ! and a complete rip off !

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes its a little bit dirty , so will have to clean it ,got some of that k&n filter cleaner i can use from my other induction kit i got

i shall post a pic so you can see it when its clean [:D]

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Get that puppy on a record some clips! Really want to here what it sounds like. Are you sure it's made for the 4mo though? I know some cars have a different size air intake pipe. For example, i'm sure the R32 intake pipe is slighly larger in diameter than the 4mo's. I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi ya ade , i will be putting up a few clips of sounds and vids of my new parts thats going on , im sure it must be for the 4mo as its come off a 4mo ie hes selling all his parts off , fingers crossed it was the right one he bought lol

a question for ya your cat back exhast is it one or 2 boxes ? as im sure you only have the one , but in sure they say the cat back is 2 i may be wrong

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well ya have to wait and see [;)] and a couple of other bits being done aswell and il be going out for a test flight one tuesday night when all mods done [;)]

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
a question for ya your cat back exhast is it one or 2 boxes ? as im sure you only have the one , but in sure they say the cat back is 2 i may be wrong
Normally they come with two, a centre silencer and a rear silencer. Mine has a straight through pipe instead of the centre silencer for a bit more growl. I wanted a CAI but that bloody resistor mod for my fans has put a big bit of metal heat sink where I reckon the air filter will want to sit. [:$]

1 - 20 of 88 Posts