Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the thread in MKV forum being so big I added some pictures there to 'finish off the story' as it were but you have to delve through pages to find them so here is my new ride. Picked it up at 4pm today.

Chuffed to bits with it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Bloody hell Irish, you caught me cold there, I thought this was supposed to happen next year? Haven't been reading the other thread, but you've turned me green as grass! (Or a Lepricorn's hair!) [:O] That is a lovely motor.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was about 5k in the difference between the price I was offered for my A3 now compared to Jan so I took it and ran.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival - looking sweet.

The 18s are BEAUTIFUL and utterly ESSENTIAL.

Just one question: what's the third pedal for?

I have just waved mine goodbye and these pictures have set me off again ... let me wipe my eyes so I can type [/melodramatic]

I s'pose it's the circle of life and all that.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Very nice m8, wasn't a big fan of the MkV until recently, JonXL's is a
fecking quick thing, tuned by AMD to around 286bhp...growing on me
fast, especially for the tuning potential :)

You need to get yourself signed up for the next Nurburgring trip and stretch its legs a little [;)]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing I 100% miss off the A3 is the xenons...

The interior is not AS good as the Audi but that doesn't mean it's bad either.

It's just about the drive, it goes so well for a standard car and I guess that is what VW tried to do for so long with the GTI and now it does.

The doors don't clunk shut as much as the Audi but again, who cares ya know? This car belts to silly speeds and has serious road presence. Almost too much. It attracts a lot of attention from male drivers on the road and it's slightly annoying but I guess they're just admiring a nice car.

The blind for the sunroof is rattling slightly, something my MKIV GTI also did but apart from that, it's perfect.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not once.

But it's dry here today so I think maybe after work...........[:$]

I want to buy a new chamois and sponge for her first though.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any colour... as long as it's black. [;)]

Owned it 2 days and can safely say it's the best car I've bought. This is a VW that LIKES corners??? [:O]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments lads.. Got a little over 1/4 of a tank left and filled up a week ago so I'm happy enough with that. I will wash it in the morning, 3rd time since I've got it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts