Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

My Mk5 GTI. Now Colour Coded (56kers beware!)

6K views 36 replies 32 participants last post by  CkB 
#1 ·
Picked up my Mk5 GTI at the weekend after being fully colour coded [:D] ? i.e. rear valance, side skirts and front valance. And spent most of Sunday Swissoling her! So what do you think? Personally I?m really happy with it. Even my wife begrudgingly admits that it doesn't look too bad - and that's saying something believe me! I just don?t know why VW don?t turn them out of the factory like this in the first place! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Posted Image
<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

<o:p>
Posted Image
</o:p>

<o:p>
Posted Image
</o:p>

And what?s going on with all the flies! I think they must like Swissol! <o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Steve<o:p></o:p>

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks for all your comments guys. FYI it cost me 400 quid to get done
(and it took 4 days) which was a lot of dosh but it just had to be done. I
think most of the effort & money was on the smoothing textured
finish of the plastic prior to painting. I really didn't like the black plastic and it
was a right pain to clean & keep clean!

#16 ·
Very nice mate - why don't they just do that in the factory!?!? [:|]

PS You can see your registration number in the top picture.
yeh good reg m8, did you extra for the xxx? (never really did see why people block there reg? its not like i can do any thing with it)

any yep the car looks bob on, I can see VW dealers offering this as a upgrade, as it looks top.

#23 ·
Very well done Steve.  However, I'd venture to suggest that it makes the car look a bit "fatter" and heavier which may be one reason why VW didn't do it in the first place.  I particularly like Sem's suggested treatment for the rear valance as an alternative way to go.

#24 ·
VW took a lot of criticism when the mkiv GTI came out saying it just
looked like any other Golf so this time they gave it its own identify
with the black front grill, black side skirts which matched in
with the rear valence. Now that people are colour coding them I
think they are removing that identity and just making the car look like
any other golf.

Don't get me wrong Steve I think your car looks superb, I just think it
has lost a bit of the GTI sporty look that VW intended.

#26 ·
Picked up my Mk5 GTI at the weekend after being fully colour coded [:D] ? i.e. rear valance, side skirts and front valance. And spent most of Sunday Swissoling her! So what do you think? Personally I?m really happy with it. Even my wife begrudgingly admits that it doesn't look too bad - and that's saying something believe me! I just don?t know why VW don?t turn them out of the factory like this in the first place! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Steve<o:p></o:p>
Looks fantastic mate! That's me sold on doing it - already told the dealer that upon delivery I want the rear, skirts and front colour coded in Tornado Red. Thanks for posting the pictures - much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.