Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Sorry to say that I have bad news guys, the car broke down, initial diagnosis is that the crankshaft bolt is loose [emoji15]

I don’t know how they could have happened. Used a new bolt, torqued to 150nm plus two sets of 90degrees. Also added loctite, for added security.

I’m not sure what next to do, don’t want to get rid of the car, got too much invested in it financially and man hours

Thoughts welcome [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too hard but you'll need the ecu, clocks and keys as well.as the engine... you could.also take the door locks if you want. Than it is remove the old in with the new...

But it is way easier to have a complete donor car so you can take what you need as you are swapping the lot over...

this one on ebay actually considers offers might just be what you want... and the sellers telephone number is right there in the listing.. id say get it... its got every single part you need and you could even decide to sell yours and keep that one its not to bad by the looks of it...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.