Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Guys,
I'm new to this forum and new to the VAG world but i thought i'd show you guys some pics of my Golf!
Had it for a few months now and mods so far are...

?19" Axis Spyder rims
?Koni Coilovers
?FK Black surround Angel Eye headlights
?FK LED Black surrounf rear lights
?Genesis and Rainbow Install by Turners Car Audio In Sunderland.

And there's plenty more to come!

P.S I know the rear lights aren't to everyones taste, but what do you guys think, any suggestions for what to do next?

http://img218.echo.cx/img218/6235/alsgolf15eq.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate...

I'd look at getting the bump strips colour coded...and maybe the front and rear valances.

Good luck keeping your wallet in check on here!

Stew

·
Registered
415 Posts
first of all...welcome!

lights aren't my cuppa but love the install... looks really pro!

good ride height too... what engine has it got?

i reckon next on your list should be... lots of colour coding to get rid of all black plastic and debadge the golf and then think about some new lights [;)]

p.s. if you want your images too show then just put address

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the comments guys, struggling to post the pics though, what do you type in to get them to display?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
[:)] Here you go:

[ img ] http: //img218.echo.cx/img218/6235/alsgolf15eq.jpg [ / img ]

Just get ridd of all the s p a c e s in the above to get the below pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I don't know, I think some Golfs quite suit the black rub strips - this
being one of them, with the black head- and taillights, the black
'stripe' effect between the spokes of the wheels, etc.

What about some tints to go with the black theme? Definitely remove the
GOLF badge though - I'm presuming it's a 1.4? Maybe even remove the
bootlock, if funds will stretch to it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's a 1.4, not really too fussed about big power cars, my last car was a 1.1 so at least this ones a step up from that :)
I think the rubstrips help tie in the black and blue theme of the car but I was planning to get the car booked into a bodyshop and get the rubstips removed, and the front and rear bumpers heavily smoothed... not sure if it would look too sparse if I removed the black strips from it???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
ooooh Gensis Profile amps too, nice! I got a Gen Profile 4 ready to go in my Golf to power a 10" sub (maybe genesis) and a set of compos (again maybe genesis) are you running any other Genesis gear in your Golf? Good stuff isnt it. Nice work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only Genesis gear i'm running is the amps and they're awesome... The speakers are all Rainbow gear and they're unbelievable sounding stuff!! The sound is crystal clear...
Entered in the Iasca sound league and competed at Donny before running in the system fully and won 2nd place, next round is at Modified Nationals on the weekend and i've run in the system and am hoping for a much better score :)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
you got a Profile amp? if so which ones? Install looks nice. My next step is ICE upgrade. Currently got a Alpine CD/MP3 HU with a Gen P4 amp. I want a 1decent 0" sub and a set of decent compos for up front. Got appx ?300 to spend on each but i really dunno what to go for that can be run of the P4!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
How did you find Turners in Sunderland? What's their hourly rate like?
I've spent quite a bit at Autosounds in Newcastle and i'm still not
happy with their work. Nobody seems to take any care when they work on
my car...(and that doesn't just include audio places).

I need someone to spend a couple of days with my car tidying stuff up
and sorting all the new rattles...i know everyone hates rattles, i
don't mind paying!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've known the Turners boys for a while and they've done a install on a Civic from my work and my Golf and both jobs are awesome, they haven't got a set hourly rate as it depends on if you're buying the products or supplying them etc...
Give them a buzz on 0500 60 70 85 mate and they'll be able to let you know a cost for what you want doing.
Good thing is these guys are really quick aswell, took them 7 days to design and build my install from scratch.

I've known a few installers around Newcastle and these boys are deffo up there with the best in the whole country.

Mark's the boss and he'll be able to sort you out, tell him you seen the install in Al's Golf!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got a Profile 2 Ultra running the Rainbow components and a Profile 1to run the subs.
My rainbow Vanadium 10" subs are lovely but they cost ?320 a pop and the Profi Vanadium Phase Plug components are ?500.

I think Rainbow do a cheaper range than those, you can check out www.four-online.co.uk or ring 0845 4501594 as these guys are the new sole distributors of Genesis Amplifiers, Rainbow Speakers, Audio Control Processors, IXOS 12V interconnects and a load of other cool ***!

Deffo recommend the Rainbow gear if you can stretch to that...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Nice looking golf, i am sure it's get a fair bit of attention.

The rear lights look better in person, i have seen a golf with these and in person they look 'ok'.

Axis are popular in the US, did you get the wheel from a UK distibutor?

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice looking golf, i am sure it's get a fair bit of attention.

The rear lights look better in person, i have seen a golf with these and in person they look 'ok'.

Axis are popular in the US, did you get the wheel from a UK distibutor?

Keep up the good work.
Cheers Mate!
The rear lights look awesome at night and when it's starting to get dark... I really like them but they might be a bit too lairy for a Golf, had a lot of people loving them and a lot hating them... I like them although i might trade them in for some red/white euro style ones soon :)

The Axis rims are brought into the UK by Gap Security (www.axiswheels.co.uk) they do a wicked range of rims and there wicked quality although i've managed to curb one already, aaarrrgh!

Might run them for a while then get the centres painted matt black...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts