Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats a week i've had it now and im well happy with it!

First two pics are how its been since i got it and the last two are including what the tnt man brought me this mornin

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know it needs a clean

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got springs to lower it and it goes into the bodyworx on the 17th so project VAG is full steam ahead

Hope you like

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Posted Image

Posted Image

Picked the car up today from the bodyworx and im delighted with the results. Got it fully colour coded and a VR6 splitter fitted to the front.

Since tha last pics its been lowered 40mm, been to C & C for a new exhaust and the bodywork colour coded.

New rear lights and angel eyes should be on in the next few weeks as well as the sounds.

hope you like

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the comments. I'll get some better pics taken when i've properly cleaned it and got the next few wee touches added.

No, the first pic with the wheels on it isn't lowered.

Im in the east end of glasgow mate. I usually attend all the cruise events but i havent been to any yet in the golf. Time to start getting it out there and showing her of!

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
You cant compare a "cruise" and a "meet".

Cruise = chavs

Meet = enthusiasts

No comparison pal, just thought id clear that up. [;)] Get yourself to some propper meets with likeminded enthusiasts who know their stuff instead of seeing chavs boast about burnouts and donuts and who has the loudest dump valve on their 1.1 novas....

Your car is gonna be a class above that lot by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You cant compare a "cruise" and a "meet".

Cruise = chavs

Meet = enthusiasts
So everyone who attended the uk-mkivs Cruise through London last year and had a great evenings drive were chavs....I dont think so [:D]

Maybe you should attend some London meets to see what really goes on (out of Essex I mean)[:p]

Might sound a bit bitchy but as far as im concerned there are NO chavs on this forum[:p][:D][;)]

You should come on the next event thats in the pipeline

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Might sound a bit bitchy but as far as im concerned there are NO chavs on this forum[:p][:D][;)]
Thats exactly the point i was trying to make, by inferring that this is not a forum for chavs far from it, his car is now part of the uk mk 4's "team" and were a friendly enthusiastic bunch with no digs, sarcasm or anything to wind up the others...

And for your info John as you seem to be attacking me, I have been to alot of meets outside of essex, hell i organised 4 of em! in suffolk last year....

A cruise where i come from is what you see the police heading towards on a friday or saturday nite in town, (yes i know you "cruised" london) but I was talking about a cruise as in meet for local gary boys - havent you heard that term before, or indeed the word used in that context before John..?

A forum meet is a much classier affair and Im proud to say I have organised 6 since joining this forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the positive comments folks. Im well chuffed with it.

I'll definately make the effort to get to some local meets.

oh, and it might not be green for much longer[;)]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.