Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright peoples,

I've just dropped my MK4 Golf off at Jisilors Bodyshop in Southampton for a Bora facelift and some major smoothing followed by a new coat of the finest House Of Kolor paint. (Keeping that a secret for the time being!)

Thought I'd start a post up with some work in progress pics so you can see the project evolving in front of your very own eyes!

First up, here's a pic of the Golf as was 2 weeks ago, sitting on some lovely 19" Axis Spyder rims.

Posted Image

Next up a week ago, when I was swayed to the dark side and went with some Audi A8 replica's... I know there the typical wheel to stick on a Golf but you can't deny they look sooo much better :D

Posted Image

Boom! And here we are on Saturday just gone, my baby looks like she's been stolen and burnt out! :shock: Everythings removed, windows, boot build, interior, everything!!
Shows these boys do it properly, no masking windows up for a colour change etc... no shonkyness here!

Posted Image

Next up the cars due some welding, and lead filling of the rub strips etc... then the Bora front, some more subtle mods and a new lick of paint.

If your arsed, keep your eyes peeled on here and i'll post some more pics when I get em!

Till then

Ta ra

P.S Selling my old Axis rims on t'eBay, check it out if you want some quality 19" rims and tyres for a bargain price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8035060578&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D8035060578%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

·
Registered
379 Posts
Your not tagging the pics correctly dude.

Other than that, your plan sounds amazing. Cant wait to see it when its finished. So what rims are you gonna get to replace your axis?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Just retagged the links for ya.... [H]

Alright peoples,

I've just dropped my MK4 Golf off at Jisilors Bodyshop in Southampton for a Bora facelift and some major smoothing followed by a new coat of the finest House Of Kolor paint. (Keeping that a secret for the time being!)

Thought I'd start a post up with some work in progress pics so you can see the project evolving in front of your very own eyes!

First up, here's a pic of the Golf as was 2 weeks ago, sitting on some lovely 19" Axis Spyder rims.

Posted Image

Next up a week ago, when I was swayed to the dark side and went with some Audi A8 replica's... I know there the typical wheel to stick on a Golf but you can't deny they look sooo much better :D

Posted Image

Boom! And here we are on Saturday just gone, my baby looks like she's been stolen and burnt out! :shock: Everythings removed, windows, boot build, interior, everything!!
Shows these boys do it properly, no masking windows up for a colour change etc... no shonkyness here!

Posted Image

Next up the cars due some welding, and lead filling of the rub strips etc... then the Bora front, some more subtle mods and a new lick of paint.

If your arsed, keep your eyes peeled on here and i'll post some more pics when I get em!

Till then

Ta ra

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
those rims look the bizzniss, even on your car as a shell they look good - cant wait to see it finished - keep the piccys coming!!!![;)]

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Looks like the bodyshop are doing the job right. Keep the pics coming.

What engine in your golf?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks like the bodyshop are doing the job right. Keep the pics coming.

What engine in your golf?
its a 1.4s, im following this one closely in redline [;)] cant wait to see the results, if the saxo on 20's was anything to go by the body shop produces amazing results

·
Registered
90 Posts
thort i recognised this badboi.
be good to see how it comes out and shall have to get next redline to check for an update!
but looking good fella

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah if Jiliors track record is anything to go by it's gonna look brilliant, they've done some quality cars those boys!

Just ordered my paint today, cars getting primered on the weekend and painted the following weekend!

I'll post pics soon as...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished article Gangsta! Keep reading about.

I went the opposite way and had the Golf front on me Bora. Looking to throw some more money at the engine now.

·
Registered
924 Posts
my friend(vw tam) had has done a few months ago and it looks awesome...with the smooth bumper etc!!hope to see your when it finishes. i was just wondering wardle do you work for redline magazine?

will

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah thats Gangsta Al.

Sorry mate to butt in and answer for you.

Are you taking it to many shows this year Wardle???
Yes mate, I'll be takign it to all the "normal" cars shows like Donny, Trax etc.. and hope to get along to a fair few vw ones like Edition 38, etc... Ben from works building a trick military green mk 2 so we'll be taking them both to the vw shows, should be class!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my friend(vw tam) had has done a few months ago and it looks awesome...with the smooth bumper etc!!hope to see your when it finishes. i was just wondering wardle do you work for redline magazine?

will
Have you any pics of your mates car?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah if Jiliors track record is anything to go by it's gonna look brilliant, they've done some quality cars those boys! Just ordered my paint today, cars getting primered on the weekend and painted the following weekend! I'll post pics soon as...
looks to be coming on great, should be good to see the transformation, get pics up as soon as u can, maybe get the finnished pics up for us lot at some stage[;)] as i'm looking in to this again, the idea is growing on me and am currently trying to get hold of a cheap bora front end lol

Antony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts