Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I wasn't planning to change the looks dramatically. Although, I am really drawn to a bonnet extension and bad boy style lights (Proper metal ones like in the PVW subscription advert for US on the black motor). Apart from that, just general smoothing, bumpers, door strips and boot.

Thinking of keeping the stock alloys aslwell though. Just dropping it severly on them, lol.

Got me sport japan discs, just needing the pads and they'll be on, then its the engine (well actually before any bodywork). Got k03s (not fitted) and Miltek high flow cat and exhaust (fitted), getting TT225 injectors, TIP and a panel filter, then remap (unichip from Dastek).

Realistic = 230 BHP, Hoping = 240+

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got 148.8 on the rollers so aint too pleased.

Hopefully, when I clean the MAF tonight that'll release the 20 BHP I appear to be missing. Hopefully.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, my golf has been off the road for 6 months now, and to be fair, I was getting pissed of with the Pug 306 I have been using as a daily in the meantime. Sooooooooo, I decided to get something else. OK, OK, its not a mk4, but hey, its still VAG, so not too embarrased about posting it here. Remember though, its just a daily.

Well, now I have had the motor for 6 days (600+ miles and 4 washes), I
thought I would post up some pics. 2.0 TDi SE A3. 2003, 74k. Nice
honest reliable motor while the Golf is still having work done (again,
cheers Grum, you're a star mate).

Please excuse the pics. They were only taken on my phone.

And couldn't help myself...

Now all I need is the Alloys to go with the substantial drop and my evil plan will be realised, lol.

On another note. My brother in law has just bought himself a VAG aswell...

Nice, clean little 1.0L Polo...

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Liking your Golf mate - looks like it's in great condition. Starting to find the earlier ones are becoming thinner on the roads these days too, so good to see one in such good shape.

Nice one. [:)]

Wigster.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small update,

The Golfs engine is pretty much as finished as its gonna get for the foreseeable future, so hopefully take it straight from the tuner to the painter, lol. So no pics for that. But the Audi got some new rims (which may well make it over to the Golf). Pics:

Well, got me some new wheels and tyres, so decided to trial fit them to the A3. Not sure if I won't put them on the Golf mind, but they will look good on the A3.

Although, you could park a cruise ship between the tyre and the arch at the moment :boot: . Need to get them springs on now I think. Anyway. Photo's. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Could still do with a polish though :drink:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well. Finally got the MK4 back from Dastek, after a long time away. She has had some mapping work done, aswell as their twin intercooler set-up now being installed as my standard one was maxxed. Pics of the install are on their way apparently and as soon as I have them, I shall be sure to post them here.

In the meantime though, as its been so long since I last posted any pics of my golf, and haven't posted any with my new lights, I got her home, gave her a quick pressure wash to take all the months of sitting about muck off, and took some pics. A full wash and polish is on the cards for tomorrow, so might get some more up tomorrow. In the meantime, here are some shots...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think its sitting not too bad with them coilovers, but gonna put these on tomorrow :

Posted Image

Until I can get some 18's or 19's

In the meantimem the headline figures were :

241.3 BHP @ 6473 rpm Engine (215.4 @ 5375 rpm wheels)
280.4 lbft @ 3,453 rpm

·
Registered
361 Posts
nice sleeper golf there, also loving the derv a3 [Y]

maybe you should sort out that front number plate tho, Im not feelin the rusting screws bleeding all over it like that [;)]

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL. Yeah, I know what you mean. Putting a cherished plate on her, so will be getting a new plate then...

·
Vag addict
5,480 Posts
hmm, im pretty sure i'm correct in thinking .. your a3 has a 5 x 112 stud spacing and your mk4 has a 5 x 100 PCD therefore your idea of swapping and changing wheels may not come too easily .

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are, in fact, correct. However, I have pre-planned the situation and have aquired a set of hub adaptor/spacers for the task. So that I can buy all my alloys in 5x112 now and choose where to put them, lol.

My A3 currently sits on BBS Callitos (can be seen further up the post on the A3), which will probably make it onto the golf as soon as I can sort other alloys for the A3 (the wife doesn't want anything less than 18's on "her" A3 [cry])

I was just gonna put the standard A3's on as a stop-gap as they are different from the Monty's, and one of them has a puncture so its sitting on a steel at the moment.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. Picked up some 18's for her today. She has now had her polish, removed the GOLF badge, replaced the big rear VW badge, and put on a stubby ariel.

Here are pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now what should I do next???

Answers on a postcard to...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, now I have my scanner working again, I thought I would add some completeness to this post with my dyno printout. Here it is...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like it ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey, nice set of motors! Audi looking much less like a 4x4! Has the ride changed much?

Can I ask what rear valence you have for the Golf, I'm liking the pokeyoutey exhaust. Is it the 4 motion one?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah mate, the 4motion valance.

As for the Audi's ride. Yeah, its a bit stiffer, I do notice the bumps more, but it handles a little better aswell. The trading off comfort for the looks was well worth it though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts