Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are interested here is the near finished car..[8D]

Posted Image

[:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

It has just ticked over 100k miles, needs a slight interior spruce up and the paintwork needs t-cuting (to see if the paint is tornado red underneath the bleaching) or a respray... To be decided! It gets 40MPG on most A roads and not seen it go below 32mpg yet!

With this little beauty I don't miss the Anni at all![:)][^]

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys! there are a number of blemishes on the body work.. Tell me more about Henry's miracles Jase?!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
dont let a valeter near her unless they are experienced with a buffer - get to a decent body shop and ask them to buff her up, they will then use a sponge orbital buffer and some farcela cutting paste either g3 or g5 to "cut" the top layer of paint of, they will then use a pro polish such 3m IHG to seal it again it really will look good (better than any respray as its original), it will cost anywhere up from ?50 any less than that and they wont do a decent job

·
Registered
63 Posts
brings back memories

my sweet mk2 gti got to 190,000 before it was given to brother in law.

still going strong

Posted Image

if i had the space to keep it i would have

·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again.. I spent nearly ?400 today getting a new starter motor fitted / exhaust repaired / big service. Runs even better now! To complete my collection all I need is Simch's Mk2!![;)]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Quote: posted by Royster on 01/10/2004 22:31:03

With this little beauty I don't miss the Anni at all![:)][^]

u sold ur anni? [:O][:O][:O][:O][:O]

how did I miss that?!? this forum really is like a full time job aint it! one day off and it alllllllll changes, lol

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Lookin good Roy... I still have a MK2 sat rotting on my Mums driveway... doesn't look like I'm ever gonna get anything done with it so it could be going FOC if anyone is interested? I'm keeping the BBS RZ's thou!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I love those Mk2's. I have just bought a kinda mk2 myself. I got a Scirocco GT2 on a K plate with 110k on it in mint condition with all bills and MOT's for ?200 off a mate.

Bargain:)

·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks!

Whiteboy: NOOOOOOOO! can't strip a car like that!!! lol!

Sounds like a cool venture!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts