Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a fader tint on the window mate, just something a wee bitty different, thats the only reason why i did it.

Ahhh haaaa the infamous tyres! All i will say is that roundabouts in the wet are ohhhhh much fun. In all seriousness though, i will have to get a bigger tyre. Its currently a 195 stretched over the 8" rim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Full respray...1275 for the actually painting and all the body work, then i was 495 a ltr for paint, needed 3 ltrs.

LOL at the steamy windows.....feel like breaking into a Tina Turner song lol

Each to there own though....i think you either like it or dont[:D]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Na its a limited edition standox paint, liquid silver pearlescent...believe me i did try to find it cheaper.

My mate got the paint trade, first 2 ltrs were ?500 but when i needed the third it cost me full whack so yeh just under a grand for paint

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Phil i never even seen you taking that pic!

Erm retrim was done by a place called Transcal in Livingston the two recaros, back seats, 4 door cards and the all important gear gaitor cost me 1300, had the car for 5 days max!

The engine is a 1.8 8v gti, super chipped, gas flow head, s/s 4branch manifold, piper fast road cams and a jetex induction kit.

I wasnt sure on the wheels either if am totally honest but the majority of the reception they have got has been all good :)

The chin spolier on the rear is an after thought, plus isnt sitting totally straight, am 50 50 wether to take it off.

Sorry peeps the tints are staying.....i like them, the contrast between the silver fader against the car works and the blue tint that it fades into contrasts with the interior. Again its just something different, didnt want to be a crowd follower so to speak.

Yeh am taking the mk2 along to the rr day, no point puting the mk4 on as i havent done anything to it yet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You get in via a solenoid on the key fob....works the central locking, then the solenoid pops the door open. And before anyones asks what happens if the battery goes flat....i have a plan in place ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.