Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

My mk1 and 2

1K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Royster 
#1 ·
Sun was out so I... hang on a minute no it wasn't! oh well clean pics anyhoo[B)]

My mk1 is awaiting a full restoration (inc. paint)

My mk2 daily hack (needs a good t-cutting)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See less See more
#9 ·
lol @ Irish (as usual!) good one mate!

She has 168k miles on her. But as I've said the paintwork is rust free but there are some scratches over the sides and a few dents.

This car was used as a reference for the company who own the press Mk1 (silver) to restore theirs back to factory (ie remove gold BBS, BBS body kit and reposition front GTI badge)

Ironically it has an MOT til the end of the year!

It wheel spins in second gear, So don't believe all the hype on the mk5 it doesn't feel anywhere near as exciting as this car!

hmi1750: That would be fun! I'd need to transport all cars to the circuit and park them all up and pray my camera batteries last! D'oh!

#19 ·
There are a couple of rust spots under the paint, the usual areas of rust are not on this shell and a few soft dents to take care of a good rub down followed by a wafer thin skim of filler to finally fill those little divots, primer and Alpine White will do me nicely!

Freshen up the shabby interior, repair or replace knackered seats, I already have a replacemnt parcel shelf (original) and a leather 4 button GTI steering wheel will top it off nicely!

Oh and another thing it has is factory fitted elctric windows that actually work! yay!

andymac: Stoopid question indeed! I just did what everyone used to do as a kid... Whilst riding a bike and wheeling another along side[:p]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.