Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mate had a mk4 1.4 but it was involved in a crash but never mind that, so it was wrote off and he bought it back of the insurers he then got a full gti trim clocks and so on but i just found out that it was running a 2.0ecu (changed all the keys and locks wat not) and 1.8 injetors it was well quick and i was wondering wether it would have the same effect on my bora he said he would never do it again as it took to long to swap every thing over and if this would work fitting a 2.0 ecu to my 1.6 would i be able to use my existing keys with use of vag com

cheers tinsley

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
From what I can decipher from that Pollardesque sentence is that you have a friend with a 1.4 Golf, running GTi clocks, 2.0 ECU and 1.8 injectors.

Why would anyone bother going to the hassle, if it can be done without great aggro, of putting in GTi clocks.

I doubt a 2.0 ECU would be plug and play, and even if it could be coded, doubt it would be compatable to run a 1.4...

And 1.8 injectors. Seems a strange place to start for extra power, thats presuming 1.8 ones are the same/will fit a 1.4?

Just seems an incredibly strange and long winded way to go about getting some extra power and TBH I doubt it working all together anyway.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Dat sounds like dee bom!

FFS

Mate, stick 1.8 injectors on your 1.4, (well maybe just one id its single point) and you will drive nice ans sluggishly to the petrol station more often.

It's "well quick" you say, with the 2.0 ECU, ......strange that, a 2 litre ECU on a 2 litre is not well quick!

I think your mate is telling you some little porkies. Maybe he put the whole 2 litre in and did not tell his insurance company.......!!?

If he got the chrome dials on his GTI clocsk, they do make them well quick...........at least 200 mph faster!

It could of course be that the speedo is reading well off, making the car appear fast, as he has the worng clock in it. If you want the same effect, get some tippex and some marker pens........or just colour over the MPH and change the K to an M on the KPH reading on your clock...you will instantly increase your speed by a factor of 1.6! ("well quick" in your language!).

Maybe try this as the answer for serious speed, ? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Supercharger-Turbo-Citroen-Saxo-VTR-VTS_W0QQitemZ190073401634QQihZ009QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190073401634

You better tell the guy that walks in front of you waving with the red flag to watch his back when you get that bad boy fitted.

(ps have you earned all your five stars yet, at work?)

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Just wax it to make it more aerodynamic.

Also etch out a small silver R32 logo and stick it inside the rev counter. Power increase in seconds. Could shock all of those around you.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
hold on was the 2.0 an 8 valve

and iirc the 1.4 is a 16V

i could not see that working in any aspect of a 1.4

OVER FUELING BIG TIME

ok a 1.6 ECU in a 1.4 would work but there is more to it than just sticking 1.8T injectors and a 2.0 ECU into another engine

you would have more fault codes than the national lottery has loosers

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
the codes on the sticker on the ecu have to be identical.

Baz

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sorry to step on toes, but I don't think there's any reason to give the guy a hard time just because his English isn't that great. I have always been a strong believer in this forum being open to all without prejudice.

I'm not trying to be a goody-goody, just trying to promote good feeling.[:$]

*** By the way Tinsley, it would be easier to answer your question if you took more time over your spelling and punctuation, and by the sounds of it your friend may be telling porkies.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ye.....but...no....but...ye...but...no...but Tinas boyfrend as got a nova init and she says itz got tvs in it that she won in a hapi meel init and its got like wewl big speeekaz in the boot an when itz turned up it lyke maks ya burga slip off the dash bord init an she says its got free enjins in it but shantel, who as got a wewl big ass init said that thats rubish cos her mans saxo right thats got 2 enjins in it and runs on cydor is wewl quiker rite so WOT AVA!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Hear me now my flip paint R5 is the main whip round these endz bruv its the fastest 1.4 in the country u know even took it southend and they dont say nothing to me it goes from my yard to mac d in like a minute and someting! safe keep it real.............

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Ye.....but...no....but...ye...but...no...but Tinas boyfrend as got a nova init and she says itz got tvs in it that she won in a hapi meel init and its got like wewl big speeekaz in the boot an when itz turned up it lyke maks ya burga slip off the dash bord init an she says its got free enjins in it but shantel, who as got a wewl big ass init said that thats rubish cos her mans saxo right thats got 2 enjins in it and runs on cydor is wewl quiker rite so WOT AVA!!!!!!
LOL!

Ye but iz e boverd? Er nooo luv.... cuz iz m8s golf az a 2.0l ecu init man n dat wud c off ne saxo in mac ds carpark... n it makes a burger slip of the dash in 3 secons man coz it az a resista chip on it man...meks all diffrence init...

Respec!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
LOL!

Ye but iz e boverd? Er nooo luv.... cuz iz m8s golf az a 2.0l ecu init man n dat wud c off ne saxo in mac ds carpark... n it makes a burger slip of the dash in 3 secons man coz it az a resista chip on it man...meks all diffrence init...

Respec!
Chip...bovverd......Nos.....do a luk bovvered?....I AINT BOVVERED....Chip....bovvered.......shoppin list on door....bovvered?....bolt on exhaust.....face, bovvered?....44" sub with built in rocket launcher.....Bovvered

[;)]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
LOL!

Respec!
Chip...bovverd......Nos.....do a luk bovvered?....I AINT BOVVERED....Chip....bovvered.......shoppin list on door....bovvered?....bolt on exhaust.....face, bovvered?....44" sub with built in rocket launcher.....Bovvered

[;)]
ye cary on tho an our bobby wil b ova in iz nova wit 1.2l enjin... it duz 138 in forth gea init.... dat wil sho al u golf turbooos ow it's dun he jus ainnt bovvered bout nowt coz he iz goinn dowwn 4 nickkin car badgs from netto car parkk... he iz wel ard not ony dat he got caught buy 5-0 init coz he nickedd sum neon signs andd stuckk em on da bottem of is nova n it now gos wel fasta out ov da drive fruw down town now! SO HE AINT BOVVERD, I AINT BOVVERDDD WHICH MEANS NO ONE IZ BOVVERD! dis iz iz mota.... sick init... bet u scarededed now ye man? got max powa air filta an everyfink

[:)]

1 - 20 of 82 Posts