Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at work today and my mate who own a Seat Leon Cupra RS walked by my car and opened it, we stood there amazed

his fob opens mine and his at the same time yet mine only opened mine..

WHY??!?!?!? and HELP! lol

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
waiting for someone to say

"did you ever get in your car with the keys in the ignition and your cupra mate pressed unlock on his car? as that will program the key to the car"

or something like that?

jammy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

Went to the Stealer's who reprogrammed my key fobs for ?22 (originally quoted me ?45 but due to not knowing if it would work they halved it)

Problem Solved!!!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I read about someone on here who's girlfriend's keys opened his car or something like that.

If I were you I would take your friends car and yours to a stealer and say it's not good enough. Luckily, it was your friend's keys that opened your car - what would've happened if it were someone else. If you can prove that his remote opens your car, they should reprogram your keys for free. If not, get on to vw uk as it's a security issue really.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well what are the odds that another car at my work can open my car now after i thought i solved the problem.... my mates skoda (same key fobs) now opens my car after having my keys reprogrammed..

HELP

would a remap cause it to do this??? i cannot work out why its happening. its like its in program mode or something???

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry to highjack the thread abit, and please everyone remember the original question and help the poor chap out - but along the same lines, has anyone heard the story about opening a car down a mobile phone?

U are for example a few streets away, (or more i dunno), then u phone someone standing next to your car. You aim the key fob at your mobile and it opens the car next to the person on the other end lol.

Saw it on Braniac Science Abuse, but not the first time i have heard of it either, i havnt got round to trying it but i think im gonna lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
like earlier on in the thread some one said about programming the keys when the key is in the ignition...i know this can be done with other manufacturers but does this apply to VW???

also is there anything that could be fooling my ecu to accept other keyfobs of the same kind (as my mates does to mine to open it?)

we all finish work at the same time and get in our cars at the same time hence why i ask these questions.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I read a poat like this one a while back, with 2 Golfs though. They just happen to have got the same frequency. Take both cars to VW and demonstrate it, tell them it's not acceptable and that they need to recode your can now (for free). Be persistent with them.

Failing that, someone on the forum will have a vag-com near you, they'll probably do it for free or for a few beers!

·
Super Moderator
50,204 Posts
Sorry to highjack the thread abit, and please everyone remember the original question and help the poor chap out - but along the same lines, has anyone heard the story about opening a car down a mobile phone?

U are for example a few streets away, (or more i dunno), then u phone someone standing next to your car. You aim the key fob at your mobile and it opens the car next to the person on the other end lol.

Saw it on Braniac Science Abuse, but not the first time i have heard of it either, i havnt got round to trying it but i think im gonna lol
Do a search on this subject,it's already been covered in much detail a couple of times in the last six months or so.This is marginally more ridiculous than Jade Goody getting knighted for her services to foreign diplomacy.

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,030 Posts
I read a poat like this one a while back, with 2 Golfs though. They just happen to have got the same frequency. Take both cars to VW and demonstrate it, tell them it's not acceptable and that they need to recode your can now (for free). Be persistent with them.

Failing that, someone on the forum will have a vag-com near you, they'll probably do it for free or for a few beers!
Yeap, that was my car and the wifes. It turned out it was down to turning the cars on in the winter to defrost them and when the wife went out to open hers with the remote it paired to my car.

Neil

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well VW are useless in nottingham and know F all. Anyone know an email address or someone who i could contact within VW about this?

·
Super Moderator
50,204 Posts
well VW are useless in nottingham and know F all. Anyone know an email address or someone who i could contact within VW about this?
The problem I can see is that even if you do actually get through to someone who may give a damn,what can they do about either a freak occurance,or a design fault?

Chris.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well my mate can still open my door along with ANOTHER golf MK4 owner.......... its getting on my nerves not knowing what to do or what the problem is!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts