Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

My mates just had his R32 jacked

3K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Richie 
#1 ·
just got a text off my mate who lives in broadbottom near stockport was threatened with a machette and car jacked outside his house i hear this is common in stockport/manchester area for R32's but if anyone see a silver R32 his reg was pe53 hzp let me know as it is stolen cheers

#10 ·
Thats just terrible. I live in Stockport, although a bit away from Broadbottom. Will be sure to keep a look out
though! I hope the guy is ok! At the end of the day, if
they want it that badly they'll take it by whatever means, because they
have no regards for other human beings. Utter low-lifes, I hope
they rot in hell!

#19 ·
just got a text off my mate who lives in broadbottom near stockport was threatened with a machette and car jacked outside his house i hear this is common in stockport/manchester area for R32's but if anyone see a silver R32 his reg was pe53 hzp let me know as it is stolen cheers
Awful to hear. Makes you wonder if it's really worth owning a car like this???

#22 ·
No stickers with a Tracker, got to keep the scumbags guessing?!

I've heard a few stories of thieves leaving the stolen car in a multi-story car park for a day or two to see if anyone comes to claim it, i.e. the Police. If no one does, then they know there's no tracker installed and off they go with the car.

Not sure how true these stories are though?

Jeffers

#23 ·
Its a wholesale issue at the moment in the Greater Manchester area, i've had four instances where scum have been on the property most probably for keys to my car.

Local rag reports weekly on Golf GTis, Leon Cupras and Audi A3s and A4s geting stolen with the keys out of the house or jacked.

I think GMP needs to address this issue as its getting out of hand. I asked for advice off the old bill and was told they probably didn't want the car and not to worry.

#26 ·
Yea mine was nicked last year from my drive while i was in bed, scumbags broke in and got keys then took my motor to wallasey, old bill found it 24 hrs later dumped with local juvies using it as a climbin frame.

Got myself a clifford now with the anti hi-jackin works along side the vw alarm so even with the keys they only get 40 secs worth before all hell brakes loose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.