Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the current mods to my Bora. They were kindly carried out by a skip container being dropped onto the rear of my car and have made a nice job up to the value of ?933.75[:mad:]. I am now driving around in a brand new courtesy Renault Megane Dynamic 1.9dCI (130)[:$] which is actually quite nice and very rapid [:O], although am looking forward to getting the Bora sorted.

Pics were taken with my 'phone so quality not quite up to scratch of that of a camera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ouch thats made a bit of a mess. Did you see it happen then?

Have you found the idot that dropped a skip on your car.

How did they not see it?

Hope your car gets sorted soon.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mate, never seen it happen was out on site and my boss called me to say a contractor had been delivering a skip and hit my rear light and smashed it[:(]. When I got back to the office it was more than just a smashed light as you can see.

As for finding out who did it, there was no running away for the guy as there were loads of people about, but funnily enough none of them actually seen what happened[:O]. He left his details under my wiper and his company said they would get it sorted under their insurance, so have got a claims company doing all my dirty work for me.

He said the sun was too low and blinded him as he reversed the skip onto my car (yeah right!!!)

Hopefully get it back just after the Xmas hols, all being well.

·
Registered
602 Posts

As for finding out who did it, there was no running away for the guy as there were loads of people about, but funnily enough none of them actually seen what happened[:O]. He left his details under my wiper and his company said they would get it sorted under their insurance, so have got a claims company doing all my dirty work for me.

He said the sun was too low and blinded him as he reversed the skip onto my car (yeah right!!!)
At least its beign paid for by the company thats responsable.

Didnt see it, i'd be worried about someone that drives a truck and cant see a big bora shaped object.

POst some happy pics up when its fixed. [:)]

·
Registered
256 Posts
i take it u wont be wanting me to do the mods to ur car u asked me bout?
Stick out tongue [:P]

only jokin m8, ur car will come back better than new from the bodyshop
Cool [H]

me an dezy will cu guys over crimbo hopefully ...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll hold off the now mate for those wee mods your gonna do for me[:'(]

Its away to Uncle Arnold to get sorted so hopefully they will make a 1st class job.

No probs matey Ger and me will deffo catch up with you guys over the hols, as thats me finished work now till 5th January. Woohoooooooo!!![:D]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Jesus Andy... you're not having much luck with the motor recently are
you mate? Hopefully that will all change come the new year! [:p]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Alan, thats classified information for now[;)]
Well everybody seems to know already so doesn't seem much point in keeping it quiet any longer?!

Yeah we will be (after much procrastination - still haven't got my bonnet sprayed [:'(] - but I WILL!)

January hopefully, still to set a date though [:D] Largely down to Ger I
think as we'll probably be relying on his kind hospitality for a place
to do the deed...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I suppose theres no point keeping it under wraps any longer.  Will happen soon as Catriona says.  And the good news is that my car is ready to pick up after only a week in the bodyshop.  Top class service, although need to see how good a job they've made when I get it back tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just picked my Bora back up from the bodyshop, and they have made an excellent job of it. Looks good as new. Just to get the BMW spoiler and US rear lights on now[:D]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts