Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is only my first car...im only 17 so the 1.4 was the only insuarable golf:( anyway i have only been driving since august and in that time i have only done a few things...insuarance means i cant really touch anything that alters performance...the only major thing i have done on the outside is the 18" Fox RS UV1's and Hella tail lights...i have put an alpine head unit hooked up to the ipod adaptor on the inside...i have these connected to an audiobahn amp and a pair of audiobahn subs....they are more than loud enough.....neway let me kno wat u think...i know its not much but not bad for a first car in my opinion:)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats nice for a first car mate! Should be lucky, im not even gonna say what my first car was lol.

Wheels look nice, different! Colour code your rubstrips and doorhandles and lower it. Itll make a big difference

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hay man, why the sad face?....Its an Awesome First car, I would of loved a golf for mine. It looks really nice, just do the colour coding and a bit of lowering like mentioned above and bobs your fathers brother [:D]

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice guys....thinking about colour coding but i actually quite like the contrast between the blue and black even tho i kno its obvious its only 1.4 or 1.6 with the black strips....as for lowering the car....insuarance wont let me:( i have to wait till i'm 18 but more likely until i've been driving a year:(

the sad face was just a type-o....im new to the forum didnt realise i put it there

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ye tel me about it...i hard enough job trying to get insured at all....thats why u dont see any 17 year olds driving MKIV's tho i guess!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Im nineteen mate, and ive had this car ever since I started to learn,
and insurance is very painful. But wait a couple of years, and you'll
be able to get insured on some tasty stuff for similar prices that
youve got on the 1.4 now, so the tasty stuff seems more obtainable!

It makes sense in my head!

Peter

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hay dude,ive got a 1.4 jazz blue golf and thats my first car.

i aint concentrating on engine mod's,whats the point.[:|]

Who's you insurance company mate?

Do you mind me asking how much your paying???

Tarty

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ye i know what u mean...theres always time for quicker cars later on when its affordable!! nah corse not im with zurich and pay ?750 annualy...i was with norwich union before but when i got my wheels they put it up to over ?1000 so i left them...wat about u....wat sorta price do u pay and who are u with?

faisal

·
Registered
438 Posts
There is literally no point in modifying the 1.4 engine wise! The cars too heavy to make it worth it unfortunately.

Ive been insured on quinn direct and with pass plus I got insured for
slightly over than a grand, which is significantly cheaper than any
other quote I got!

Peter

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ye exactly if anyone would quote me...it was near the ?3000 mark which i thought was a joke....zurich and norwich union are very good tho considering i haven't even got pass plus...having said that though....i am 2nd driver but all of my quotes were with me as 2nd driver

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ye exactly, once i turn 18 im gona put it in my name so i can build up my no claims..then bring on the r32 in a couple of years:) (i wish!!!)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds like a plan mate!

It may sound silly, but im 19 now, and I can get insured on a A3 1.8T
quattro (180bhp, 4wd, 6-speed) for about 1300! Seems a bit ridiculous,
especially when a clio 172 would cost me the best part of 3 grand to
insure!

Peter

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ye the insuarance system is messed up it really dont make sense...once im 18 i can get insured on an BMW E46 318ci for like ?1100 as 2nd driver wheras when i was buying my golf nobody wud insure me at all on it otherwise i wudve got that 

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds about right mate!

If you passed you test less than a year ago, I cant recommend pass plus
highly enough. Its easy as pie if your even an average driver, and will
only take half a day or so of your time, but will save you some serious
money! Well worth it!

Peter

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i was gona do it but the quotes i was getting  with it werent that different to the quotes with it so i didnt bother...im more than happy with wat i pay tho i think its a real bargain for such a great car...u dont see many 17 year olds with anything like it

·
Registered
229 Posts
lol,it realy don't make sense.

When your young and want nice cars you pay loads on insurance,

then when you over the hill you don't want nice cars but pay peanut's for insurance.

lol.

Tarty

1 - 20 of 38 Posts