Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Long time no see, just thought i would pop onto this forum after selling my Golf a few years ago. I hope people are still finding this helpful :D

·
Premium Member
11,031 Posts
last 2 pics on guide aint there,well i cant see them,help,really need to do this to my car asap
All you had to do was paste the picture URL from the post into your browser address bar, the pictures are still there. You will find this issue on a few threads since the forum move ;)

But I have updated the guide links for you now

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all new on here. I did the n249 bypass this weekend and was pretty impressed. Flatspots gone and it defenetly pulls better. No engine check light on so thanks to bav the write up was perfect. Seen this done before but this seemed the best one.

1 thing i have noticed since doing the bypass is the engine seemed to be louder. I had a listen and it sounded like the exhaust was blowing although wasnt like a full blow but more like a sort of pulsing. When i listened closer it seems the noise was coming through the secondary air system and when you put your hand on one of the sap pipes you can feel the pulsing. Made me wonder if there was now an E.G.R valve fault, as i understand this works in conjuction with the secondary air pump??? Maybe i caused a fault or maybe this is normal after doing the bypass but i cant see why it would be?? Either way its bugging me lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, thanks for this guide mate, massive help, car runs miles better! just wondering if i need to block up the pipes that now have nothing connected to them anymore to stop it sucking in anything unwanted?

many thanks!!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.