Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I used 4mm silicone vacuum which is the right size and can be had for £2 per metre delivered from ebay. You can put resistors in the connecters but I just left the actual valves on there and still connected to the plugs so no need for resistors.

·
Registered
184 Posts
wondering if anyone can help me. ive followed this guide to do my n249 bypass and its worked great. but in the first pic where bav has circled the 2 metal pipes there is a third one to the left of them in the pic. now on my car there is nothing attached to that?? is this a problem and if so where should that rubber pipe connected to the end of it run to?? any help appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the aum engine and going to attempt this later...

just to clarify that the hose to use is 4mm? im wanting to remove the n249 and n112 altogether as the valve is already throwing up error codes. Where do i get the resistors, where do they fit and what do they look like?

is there a guide to remove the n112? im new to all this and new to 20vt ownership so i dont know my way around the engine yet

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive done this N249 bypass, plugged all electrical connections back in and my engine management light has came on the following morning? ive checked all vac pipes conections are tight and fully pushed in, any ideas?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks a million Bav for this guide, I had major split hoses and have now gone from boosting 14psi to well over 20psi.

Took a few hours but that's because removing those stupid metal clips on the hoses is such a pain. Brilliant guide fair play!

·
Registered
42 Posts
So does bypassing this valve still enable/disable the dv? If not what controls when it opens? Ive done the bypass on mine and instead of the normal pssssssst noise its more if a whithering hiss!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Could it be that because the vacuum reservoir has been removed, there isn't enough of an immediate burst of vacuum to open the DV cleanly? And so its just sort of bleeding it off bit by bit, rather than opening nice and cleanly. If this is the case, and you have an uprated DV, fitting a less stiff spring to it should sort the problem.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.