Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers

Yep shes been lowered 35mm so far, Shes sitting on 17s so want to get coilovers and new ARBs and lower her a bit more.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I was just going to say, that she needs to be dropped a bit more. Looks a little less than 35mm, my one is only 40mm but looks slightly lower than your for some odd reason [:S]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye she does need lowered some more.

Maybe due to the uneven place its sitting and its also on 40s so the profile is tiny.

Looking at a set of S3 wheels at the moment so might be changed, also higher profile tyres as the front passenger side wheel is buckled after an incident with a pot hole [:(]

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Yeh thats true. Mine are 17s with 45 profile whcih i think is just write. If you're going to buy new rims, dont u think u should go for something a little bigger? i now kind of regret buying the 17s and wished that i bought at LEAST 18s!

Does an ARB lower the car even further? If so, are rear ARBs available? sorry im kinda new to this so aint got a clue!If they are, i might have to invest because the front of the car looks slightly lower than the back, and would be good to even it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the wheels that are on it just now are used all year round so gonna get these S3 ones for winter and maybe if funds allow go for a nice summer set, still not sure if staying at 17 or going to 18s to be honest.

The new ARBs are needed on the front when lowering anymore than 40mm (something like that) as they foul the driveshaft i believe. I think the majority of aftermarket ones have bigger loops to stop this happening. But i am sure someone will be able to explain it alot better than i can.. still finding out [:D]

The ARBs just stiffen up the car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I had a bit of a busy weekend and heres the results...

Really happy with her, a few more subtle changes to come though..[:)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
906 Posts
Car is looking good mate

Whats next?

where in Aberdeen did you take the pics? can't think of where about that sky line is

Tam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Tam

Waiting for a De-locking kit, Black badges and gonna remove the Golf and GTI ones too.. oh and find someway of blacking the boot lock barrel too as it stand out pretty bad now...[:$]

Then it will be the long wait and try to save up for Coilovers and ARBs then who knows... ha ha ha

The Pics were taken in a yard down at the Harbour, was driving about looking for somewhere to take pics, but being such a fine day everywhere was mobbed... Then came across this yard with the gates open. [:D]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since it was such a nice day i thought it rude not to take pics of the car, showing the subtle mods.. [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any Comments Welcome[;)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts