Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
looking sweet imran I have got these on my shopping list with a custom finish TBC

but I dont think the bank manager will like me at ?700 plus for rim only [:O]

Posted Image

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers people, I really wanna put her in the bodyshop soon but i got 2 holidays to save up for so its gonna be tight!

looking sweet imran I have got these on my shopping list with a custom finish TBC

but I dont think the bank manager will like me at ?700 plus for rim only [:O]

Posted Image
Sweeeeet rims, i know a place that does oem porker splits for ?1000 + vat for 18x8 and 18x9.5 or what about RH/Artec Turbos?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Stop it !!!

How do you found rear arch clearence - rubbing ? I am concerned as I already have issues with 8.5-18 with a 35mm offset with 15mm spacers so a 20mm offset and they are already on the rim.

Now as I understand it these porsche reps have a 49mm offset with a 9.5inch width rim will they fit and for my own benefit how does the ET work ? as I imagine I will need hub adaptors ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have lowered her quite a bit and had 1 person it the back and it didnt rub at all. Tonight i am gonna have 2 people so i will let you know, but TBH i honestly think it wont rub, as the stretched tyres give u so more room and clearence to play with!

Yes u will need et adapters, with 49et wheels u will need 20mm rear adapters. Which will give u 29et (49-20) which would be cool with a stretched tyre. Ideally the higher the offset the better as then u can play with the offsets to achive the perfect fit.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
cool I was not usre if you had to take into account any extra calcs for the additonal inch on the rim.

Oh dear my loan runs out in August so I am either going to start saving or just get another bloody one [:$]

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers steveh, i am running FK highsports

Walrus, nop it will be fine! u can actually run 18x10 et35 of mk4s! Do it!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts